Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

UCAS worries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Am I just being a pleb by getting worried that all my friends' offers have come in for the same university I'm applying for? Im applying for biology at Queens, but their courses are business/english etc. The only offer Ive got is from Abertay, and I did alright in my AS's: BBC.
Hmmm.... :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: UCAS worries
    Originally posted by scytherchick
    Am I just being a pleb by getting worried that all my friends' offers have come in for the same university I'm applying for? Im applying for biology at Queens, but their courses are business/english etc. The only offer Ive got is from Abertay, and I did alright in my AS's: BBC.
    Hmmm.... :confused:

I wouldnt worry. Did you send off your form later than the rest? There is sooo much time left for offers to come in I really wouldn't worry.

And if they flat out reject you then you will also hear.

Don't worry.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    UCAS have had my form for other a month and haven't had anything, despite my mates having had loads of offers. I'm not overly worried.
  • Options
    I think this time last year I'd had a few offers back, but that was unusually early within my group of friends and I didn't get my last one (and the one I really wanted) back until well after christmas I think.

So I wouldn't worry about it :)
  • Options
    thanks for replying everybody...I have de-stressed
    (for now hehe)
    ;)
  • Options
    Really should send mine off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NaRaYaN
    Really should send mine off.

yeah me too!

No, I wouldn't worry, different departments, even if they're at the same university, take different amounts of time to process applications. It can be a frusrating wait though as I found out when I applyed last year (but I later decided to take a gap year, so it was all for nothing!)