Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Join a youth summit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Kikass is currently involved in project called the Russell Commission. More specifically we are running a youth advisory board of 20 passionate 16-25 year olds who's task it is to come up with new and creative ideas around revolutionising youth volunteering. Check out www.russellmission.com to get a better flavour.

A component part of the Mission is to run three youth summits. We are running One in London (potentially with creative session on the London Eye), one in Manchester (@funky Morrocan themed night club Po Na Na) and one in Cardiff (@ Cardiff Institute of sport). The summits are open to 60 people with the 16-25 yr old age bracket and represent a real opportunity to get creative around revolutionising youth volunteering detailing how the government could improve the volunteering landscape locally and nationally. Details are available on www.russellmission.com - summits section.

At the summits there will be the chance to work with a team of other young people to develop a creative pitch. To support this, the summit will start with a mini training session delivered by a creative advisor from the media industry. The aim of this is to allow young people to unleash their creativity and help us to make strong recommendations to Ian Russell and the government. We think it is vital that young people have a big say in whatever changes are made to youth volunteering so their voice is important. Please try to cram one of the dates into your diary. It will be well worth it. There will, of course, also be some tasty treats and refreshments to get stuck into after the summit and the possibility of a free T-shirt.

For more information please give Nick a call on 0207 7290092 or email nick@kikass.tv

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not sure I agree with that charity, the idea of 'buying' your way into volenteering seems quite odd and I cant see how it would work.
    personally it stinks to me of some middle aged guy who talked to his kids and then tried to imitate them on a website of a charity. U know when teachers write out worksheets and try and make them 'hip and happening'. It annoys the s**t out of me.
    Im too young to go our i would. Everyone wants 16+ and i wanna get involved and im too young.
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    I don't know how you even entertained the idea of agreeing with a charity called 'Kikass' :p

I didnt even notice that bit, I was too hung up on the idea you would 'buy' your way into charity work.

It seems far removed from the idea that you would do the charity work because you actually wanted to help and believed in the cause.
    I'm sure this is all really useful feedback for them, actually so I'll send this thread on in the hope that some of it will sink in!
    Hannah
    I would never join something advertised by a company called "Kikass Tv"

They're obviously just trying to get "Down wiv da kids"