Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sooo lazy!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anyone else at uni get the feeling that they can't be bothered to do absolutely anything..?

It's been terrible reccently, I've been ill for a few weeks, but now I'm pretty much better, I'm finding it really hard to get back into the swing of things :(

Just wanted to have a moan...

Any suggestions as to getting motivated again, or ways to stop procrastinating using any activity that comes to hand? :p
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Sooo lazy!
    Originally posted by Theydon Bois
    Does anyone else at uni get the feeling that they can't be bothered to do absolutely anything..?

It's been terrible reccently, I've been ill for a few weeks, but now I'm pretty much better, I'm finding it really hard to get back into the swing of things :(

Just wanted to have a moan...

Any suggestions as to getting motivated again, or ways to stop procrastinating using any activity that comes to hand? :p

Yeah can't be fucked doing essays and shit. Don't go to any lectures. If you start failing, it'll prolly give you a kick up the backside and get you back on track.
    I don't know, i'm really bad too. Coming up to the end of the first term with about 20 pieces of work that need to be done :crazyeyes
    i've got 4 essays...one of which i should be researching...RIGHT NOW!!! but im not :( im talking on here....again......grrrr :mad:

i need to go on the 'Ramon diet' but for motivation not weight loss.:D
    ive had that too. bad couple of weeks
    take it one step at a time. and do stuff!
    Yes I feel the same.

I should be preparing a presentation right now....its not until Wednesday though.
    I'm not at uni (yet) but i guess you've gotta get up one day (i.e. tomorrow) and say to yoursefl I'm going to start work again today, then do it. I find the hardest part is making a start, once you've done that you folow the habit
    Originally posted by Shining on
    I'm not at uni (yet) but i guess you've gotta get up one day (i.e. tomorrow) and say to yoursefl I'm going to start work again today, then do it. I find the hardest part is making a start, once you've done that you folow the habit

yeh, that seems to be the case... now I'm not ill any more I'm doing more work, although I've got work to catch up on, and a lab report to do now *sighs*

ah well, if I get a crap degree it'll have been:

a waste of time
    a waste of money
    dissapointing for me
    dissapointing for my family!

now there's some motivation I suppose :rolleyes:

Oh yeh, and I wont get as good a job with a crap degree either!

*stops procrastinating*
    yes, when you put it that way it is quite motivating!

what are you studying and where?

a science subjet i guess???
    Originally posted by Shining on
    yes, when you put it that way it is quite motivating!

what are you studying and where?

a science subjet i guess???

Indeed- Physics, at a University that I do not wish to disclose ;)

I'm not here, honest!

edit: woo! 100 posts! :hyper: