Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

cardiff protest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Is anyone going to this. I saw it advertised in our student paper but haven't heard anymore. Is it even worth it . . . . . what does everyone think.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I heard about it in the NUS newsletter/e-mail thing. I won't be going as, even though it may be a little selfish, it doesn't really affect me. I'm not travelling 200 miles when I can't drive to protest something which won't have any effect (in my opinion.)

Still, if it was a little closer and/or I could drive, I probably would have gone.:)
    I don't think I will go.
    What is it?
    It's an a protest march against top up fees through Cardiff. I got an email from the NUS about it.
    The worst bit about the march

DUCK OF FEES

WTF! What kind of slogan is that, they have tried to use the most profitable night in Cardiff Student Union (Rubber Duck, which suxz btw) to make an impact, but its complete bollox. I wont be campaigning under that slogan. The welsh assembly is quite hardcore when they want to be, i'm not sure if a bunch of students are going to change there mind. One of the biggest problems I heard which may make them go in favour of the fees is that people will just go to a Welsh Uni to avoid the extra fees at a English Uni. They were worried about a mass imigration stylee that wud misplace a lot of Welsh people out of Welsh Uni's.

Bopz
    I can see that happenning actually.