Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

funding, city and guilds, and music colleges

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
after christmas, i'm thinking of starting a sity and guilds part 3 course. it looks really good but i'm still (after weeks and weeks) trying to get some anwsers as to whether it would really increase my employablity.

but i'm also thinking about coming back to the UK, in a year and a half to go to rockschool in london, anyone know about it?

and how easy is it to get funding or student loans if you are under 18?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'm pretty sure you can't get loans or credit of any kind under 18.

but i imagine there are probably grants and awards you could apply for, although i don't imagine it'll be a spectacular amount of money.

drop the college you're thinking of going to an email and see if they can help any. if not, try emailing connexions.

i don't know much about city and guilds, tbh. i always thought it was an evening class type qualification (like flower arranging or stained glass window making). :/
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by kaffrin

i don't know much about city and guilds, tbh. i always thought it was an evening class type qualification (like flower arranging or stained glass window making). :/

well i've had a look into it, and it looks like quite a serious qualification.....which is good.

are there any charites in england that offer funding for students doing music or performing arts type things??

and maybe i need to talk to shyboy about this but i heard a while a go that if you are under 18 and your parents are out of the country you can get benifits......anyone know much about this?