Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

salvia divinorum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend keeps going on about this saying I should try it. I've never heard of it and quite frankly don't want to try it cuz it just sounds stupid. Anybody ever heard of it? What is it.

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Erowid has a fairly extensive information vault on Salvia, including the following -
    DESCRIPTION
    Salvia divinorum is a soft-leaved green plant, native to Southern Mexico, which contains a powerful psychoactive chemical known as Salvinorin. S. divinorum has been used traditionally in Mexico for healing and divination and became available in the underground psychedelic culture around the world starting in the early 1990's.
    and
    The Experience
    Depending on dosage, the Salvia experience can vary from a subtle, just-off-baseline state to a full-blown psychedelic experience. At higher doses users report dramatic time distortion, vivid imagery, encounters with beings, travel to other places, planets or times, living years as the paint on a wall or experiencing the full life of another individual. Needless to say these can be extremely powerful experiences and should only be attempted with a sitter.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The only thing to properly give me The Fear. I've had someone ask me to kill them on a head full of cid, but this one really frightened me.

Really really not something to be taken lightly, I'd say one of the most powerful hallucinogens you can use.
    Really really not something to be taken lightly, I'd say one of the most powerful hallucinogens you can use.

:yes:

especially in the 10x concentration that it comes in :nervous:
    The only time i ever properly tripped out was in london after drinking lots of alcohol and smoking strong skunk and then smoked it, i kind of freaked out, it defitnely took over my mind for a short time, i didn't know what i was doing.

I'd say smoke it if it's free, but don't waste a huge amount of money on it. If it's cheap enough it wouldn't be too bad to buy, but hey over it's £25 for a bag of if i think.

;)
    I bought 3.5 grams of leaf for £15, had two smokes worth out of it and then left it alone. Horrible stuff.
    So I bought 2 grams of 10x, smoked it all and nothing. i knew it would be crappy, and i was not dissapointed.
    What way did you smoke it my name? Did you use a flameless lighter?
    Originally posted by Shogun
    What way did you smoke it my name? Did you use a flameless lighter?

a flameless lighter? how does that work. i smoked it just like a bowl man. how you supposed to do it?
    It's better to smoke it out of a water bong, or even a lung of it would be good i think.

Flameless lighter...big blue flame.
    i'll try it with a water bong man. tell you how it comes out. will a regular lighter do though? i aint got nothing fancy.
    I don't know for sure but i've never used a flameless lighter before with it but i heard it's something to do with the temperature the leaf has to be burnt at with a certain flame.
    I know of people who have tripped fully with smoking this, i just haven't yet.
    To be honest I think most people who cant get anything from Salvia have just been sold bunk.

When I did it I just treated it just like cannabis, used in a bong, held in for as long as possible and burnt with a normal lighter.

There is no quality control on salvia at all, most of the extracts are useless, I'd just stick to leaf.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Flameless lighter...big blue flame.

Do you mean like a mini blowtorch?
    No, not one of those poncey cooking ones, just one of those wind proof lighters which use butane.
    I think that's because salvia has to be burnt very hot for the full effects to be felt...
    Originally posted by Theydon Bois
    I think that's because salvia has to be burnt very hot for the full effects to be felt...

I think actually people not getting effect from the drug has a lot more to do with the quality than the heating temp.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I think actually people not getting effect from the drug has a lot more to do with the quality than the heating temp.

yeh i've smoked it a few times, definately been sold gack, i might get lucky some day or unlucky as i've heard many nasty tales from it, i heard thats why its legal, it's a drug that will not be abused because if you do it once and you get the full hit you'll never want to do it again or something like that.
    Basically yes, it has no abuse potential at all, if you do too much you'll be so scared you will never want to touch it again.