Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

taxing dealers........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
.....is the governments new plan, hilarious what will think of next? legalisation?..... :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Link? Where did you get the story?
    um, saw it on the news they claim it will make it easier to seize funds after a raid, i guess it wont affect small timers......
    This is the Asset Seisure Law and has been in force for some time now, its not in anyway a tax.

Basically if they believe that you have assets gained from crime they take everything you have, house, car, money everything.

They then set a date at their choosing where you have to prove that everything you own is gained legally. If you cant prove it, then they get it.

Of course getting a decent lawyer for this is nigh on impossible because you have no money. And legal aid though its supposed to be available often isnt.

This does not have to be after any criminal charges, so you can be innocent and they still take every single penny you have.

Welcome to the world of guilty till you prove your innocent.
    it's all bollox to be honest.
    in the early 80's i had money seized as the proceeds of crime on laws that have existed for a long time. long before all this crap.
    i couldn't prove where my money came from but they couldn't at the end of the day prove their case either ...meaning i got my money back.
    this is the difference. THEY no longer have to provide the evidence or the proof ...you do!
    meaning dodgy coppers get a lot more power and opportunity to be lazy and have over the guys that are to clever to catch.
    meaning ...more lazy police work ...more miscariages of justice ...more thugs in the plain clothes departments.

yes i know your looking in inspector harris but ...am i speaking the truth? you know i am.
    Re: taxing dealers........
    Originally posted by apollo_69
    .....is the governments new plan, hilarious what will think of next? legalisation?..... :banghead:

Thought you were going to ask about robbing your local dope dealer when i read that post title :D .
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I heard about this
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3994531.stm

Thats a completely rubbish idea, so they think 'hmm, if my drugs get caught I might have to pay tax on them' I think thats the last of their worries. The large jail sentance would be a more pressing concern.

The Proceeds of Crime Bill allows for drug dealers assets to be taken anyway.
    yeah but now like rolly said they dont need evidence they can just claim your shit........
    Re: Re: taxing dealers........
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    Thought you were going to ask about robbing your local dope dealer when i read that post title :D .
    me too haha
    .matt
    yeah but now like rolly said they dont need evidence they can just claim your shit........

Well, its not quite that simple, it does go before a judge I believe, but no criminal charges need apply.
    but ...as in all things criminal, there are endless ways round it all ...
    This is just another way of weeding out the unproffessional so the big boys get even more of the market to themselves.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    This is just another way of weeding out the unproffessional so the big boys get even more of the market to themselves.
    it's more the halfway up the ladder guys who'll be targeted. the little guys rarely have anything worth taking and the big guys are far to big.