Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Found this and thought of you

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just been reading the news and came across THIS

I actually think it could be a good thing for kids......what do you think ?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i hope the bastard gets a cold :D

seriously did anyone hear about the sniffer dog that died (what was probably the most horrible of deaths) after plunging his nose into a bag full of Speed? :confused:

_40510417_jake203.jpg

absolutely beautiful labrador though :)
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir

seriously did anyone hear about the sniffer dog that died (what was probably the most horrible of deaths) after plunging his nose into a bag full of Speed? :confused:

_40510417_jake203.jpg

absolutely beautiful labrador though :)
    That's not true, is it?? That's horrible if it is :(
    _40510417_jake203.jpg
    Very nice, but that's not going to scare you come inspection time, is it? Still, if it does help in the so-called "war on drugs", so be it.

Ahh god thats horrible if that is true :(
    Crap idea IMO. No doubt it will be the usual misinformation, half truths and patronsing "yoof speak".
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Crap idea IMO. No doubt it will be the usual misinformation, half truths and patronsing "yoof speak".

Ah but you dont know that, it could be a vital source of advice for young people.
    your assuming its gonna be crap :)
    well i saw THIS and thought of you
    thats so sad about the dog who died
    are there any links because I dont believe a dog would actually do that. Speed has such a noxious smell, I just dont think a dog with a sensitive nose would do it.
    yeah actually, you do have a point.
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Ah but you dont know that, it could be a vital source of advice for young people.
    your assuming its gonna be crap :)

An assumption based on good evidence.
    are there any links because I dont believe a dog would actually do that. Speed has such a noxious smell, I just dont think a dog with a sensitive nose would do it.

no i thought that but it was in the Independant about 3 months ago, and a police spokesman confirmed it. :( #

poor dog
    found it
    thats a real shame.
    thats so sad.
    rest in peace little doggie.
    oh ffs its a dog! Im sorry but it winds me up people that get so upset about pets, they are made as trophies and everyone boo hoos when they die? The familys probably got another by now
    .matt
    i bet he was a greyhound for a few hours before her went!!!!!!
    whoooooooosh
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    i bet he was a greyhound for a few hours before her went!!!!!!
    whoooooooosh
    hahahha
    .matt
    oh ffs its a dog! Im sorry but it winds me up people that get so upset about pets, they are made as trophies and everyone boo hoos when they die? The familys probably got another by now

so let me get this straight....YOU are getting angry because other peeple love something?:confused:

if you think all pets are trophies (trophy hamster anyone :confused: ) then you are so ignorant its not even funny.

twat
    so let me get this straight....YOU are getting angry because other peeple love something?:confused:

if you think all pets are trophies (trophy hamster anyone :confused: ) then you are so ignorant its not even funny.

twat
    dont think i deserved the twat title but yeah ok everyones entitled to their own opinion.

Im not getting angry at all, just annoyed that people get so upset about what is a trophie and im sorry call me ignorant all ya like but at the end of the day theres bigger things in life to worry about then someone elses dog dying. Theres sympathy and then theres just bullshit. How many dogs/cats/humans die every day and no one gives a shit yet this dog died doing the job it was made for and its all RIP doggie, oh gimme a break!
    .matt
    dont think i deserved the twat title but yeah ok everyones entitled to their own opinion.

well no seeing as you've actually bothered to think about this i suppose not :)
    Im not getting angry at all, just annoyed that people get so upset about what is a trophie and im sorry call me ignorant all ya like but at the end of the day theres bigger things in life to worry about then someone elses dog dying. Theres sympathy and then theres just bullshit. How many dogs/cats/humans die every day and no one gives a shit yet this dog died doing the job it was made for and its all RIP doggie, oh gimme a break!

you can only act on what you experience in your lifetime. You may be aware that others are dying in the world, but that doesnt make you party to that particular event. We see this dog, just one dog in a world full of dogs, die a horrible death. We are sad, we feel sympathetic.

Where in that series of events can you reasonably claim that just because the event occurs so very frequently it should restrict us from reacting to it :confused:

And also, how does the fact that this dog died doing 'its job' make the event less emotive?

I can disagree with you but theres just no logic to what you are saying, it doesnt make any sense.

It cannot be logical for us to stop mourning the deaths of creatures simply because we do not have time to mourn for them all, its is completely stupid to suggest that we should base all action on the events of an entire planet/nation/species.
    well no seeing as you've actually bothered to think about this i suppose not :)

you can only act on what you experience in your lifetime. You may be aware that others are dying in the world, but that doesnt make you party to that particular event. We see this dog, just one dog in a world full of dogs, die a horrible death. We are sad, we feel sympathetic.

Where in that series of events can you reasonably claim that just because the event occurs so very frequently it should restrict us from reacting to it :confused:

And also, how does the fact that this dog died doing 'its job' make the event less emotive?

I can disagree with you but theres just no logic to what you are saying, it doesnt make any sense.

It cannot be logical for us to stop mourning the deaths of creatures simply because we do not have time to mourn for them all, its is completely stupid to suggest that we should base all action on the events of an entire planet/nation/species.
    Im not saying your not allowed to react to it i am simply displaying my opinion as you are yours. Why does it make it less emotive? Well it doesnt really but if something ever dies people always say "he/she/it died doing what they love" like thats any comfort but i thought what the hell use the cliche anyways.

Im sorry but there's logic to me! like i said its my opinion and ill stick by it. I apologise if my opinion makes no sense to you but as i dotn know you i dont particarly care, i dont give a shit about a dead dog i didnt before he died and i dont after he died yes it may be sad the way he died but it really wont be affecting my life or have me waste my time on it

.matt
    i dont give a shit about a dead dog i didnt before he died and i dont after he died yes it may be sad the way he died but it really wont be affecting my life or have me waste my time on it

see thats different. Thats an expression of personal opinion, which i can not only respect but see reason in.

however your original statement

contains a criticism of other peoples attitudes, which im defending. it is this criticism that i am attacking because it doesnt make sense in terms of viewing the actions of others. which aint the same as attacking what you believe.

oh and just because i criticise what you post doesnt mean i dont respect your opinion :)

Its just that you opinion and your original statement were two different things.
    ok well in that case im sorry but sometimes its easy to write something down without giving as much thought to it as you should although i guess thats where forums dont help as its etched on here forever or at least until its purged.

But yeah anyways ill try and phrase things better and be more clear but no doubt ill put me foot in it fairly soon, hey im only human :)

.matt
    :D
    who'd have thought you could resolve an argu.....debate just like that. especially on the internet usually it ends up in the oh so familier
    "oh go fuck your grandad"

although i've started to believe people can have debates/arguements with out the inevitable happening although that would kinda make it not inevitable
    ok im gonna shut up
    .matt
    who'd have thought you could resolve an argu.....debate just like that. especially on the internet usually it ends up in the oh so familier

:D:D:D

YES YES YES <jumps up and down> someone actually gets it!!!!!!

im so happy! someone actually gets the idea that arguements arent win/lose situations or contests, they are arenas in which to explore and contest ideas for the mutual benefit of those concerned to improve and test their reason.:)

fair plays to you boss :thumb:
    sorry if i offended anyone by paying respect to a dog. to be completely honest it was just something to say cuz i felt bad, it was not however something i "worried about all day" or whatever was said. so thats that, and i know that this has nothing to do with the thread but- martin_bashir you could be the country's best lawyer, i was amazed how you handled that argument-it is so rare to see it on a forum. i know it sounds corny...but i really was so....i cant think of the word. but well done!