Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

School or College???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey guys. I'm so divided on what I should do next september. I'm applying to stay on at school, and to a local college to study alevels. But 'm really not sure. I thaught I wanted to go to college, but now i'm starting to think I'l miss my school. What have you decided? is college good???
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My advice : go to college, you will benefit from the change.

By the way, this should be in Student.
    if ypu want to meet loads of new people then go to college as everyone is in the same boat

if you like where you are and dont think you could cope with out your friends then stay were you are.

personally i think that going to college is the best thing to do as it takes you out of your comfort zone and forces you to get to know more people and making new friends and having new experiences can only be a good thing. Also if your a person that has trouble making new friends and your planning on going to uni then this could be a practice run if ya get me where you will still have your friends at home if it doesnt work out as planned.

good luck whatever you decide to do. only you know what will make you happy :D
    College. You won't be around loads of kids that way, and everyone is a lot more mature and open about themselves in college. You won't miss school once you get to college because pretty much everyone is really nice and looking to meet new people, so you'll make friends quickly.
    A bloke I was seeing a while back, he had to carry on at his school, the college I go to is literally across the road, and he finds it very restricting at his age and although he like loves being with his mates and stuff, he'd also like some new experiences and meet new people.

Personally I'd say college, I know a few people who chose college over continuing school and they really love it, but that's all up to the person. I sat in a classroom the other day, happily chatting way, looked at the faces of 20/30 odd people who I'm chums, not one of them from my old school or people I knew until I came to college so!

Malt Munk xx :D
    Thanx. I think college will be best for me. Although I'd love to stay on I do think it would be a great confidence builder and something that I will benefit from! I think its going to be difficult leaving my friends and surroundings I know (If I go to college we're moving house) But I think will be good preperation for uni or whatever. Thanx so mcuh for our replies, and I'm glad you're all having good times at college
    Just as a balance, though it sounds like you've made up your mind. I'd stay in school, and I did, then you can make a properly clean break to do Uni.
    I recently had this dilemna - stay on at 6th form or go to college. (try a search - it was some time last year/early this year) I decided to go to college and I don't regret it for a second! Atmosphere is great, friends are great; Couldn't be better (shame lessons get in the way) :D
    college is much better in my opinion - the teachers only have to teach a-level so they (generally) have way more experience in it/know exactly what you need to know to pass.

also you meet hundreds of kids from all different backgrounds and all in the same boat as you.

i started college in september and i love it
    Thanx. I've sent off my application!!! Very exciting! Just have to pass my GCSE's now!!!
    :)
    I went to sixth form and they treated us no different to the Year 8s. Stupid rules like we had to take our coats off when entering a building :rolleyes: By mid-year-12 I couldn't wait to get out.
    Im at sixth form now, and they say "oh when you do your alevels we treat you differently than in lower years" do they fuck. I like being there bcos im with my mates and id miss them if i left, but if you want to meet new people then go to college :yes: