Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Strange...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm just curious as to why many places don't accept cv's and just want an application form filled in!? I've filled in so many application forms recently, it's crazy.

Oh and I seem to be just walking into shops and being offered a job on the spot. 3 times now I've been interviewed on the shop floor and asked when I can start. It seems strange.

Since when has it been this laid back? I went to an interview at Monsoon once, and it was so formal it was scary, yet I walk into the Body Shop and offered a job on the spot.

What's going on!? Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    It's christmas and they really want staff?

And about the application form thing i prefer them to CV's because you get a chance to express yourself a bit more and the questions they ask are ususally relevent to the job they are offering do it is easier for them to see whether you are suitable for the job depending on your answers.
    Also with application forms less focus is took off the qualifications part and you can use examples of your own experience etc.
  • Options
  • Options
    Monsoon would be formal, they own so many shops i.e. tie rack, monsoon and a few designer labels.

Good luck in the job search :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Monsoon would be formal, they own so many shops i.e. tie rack, monsoon and a few designer labels.

Good luck in the job search :)
    Thanks.. and I had no idea that Monsoon own Tie Rack - I've just filled in an application form for the Tie Rack hehe.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Thanks.. and I had no idea that Monsoon own Tie Rack - I've just filled in an application form for the Tie Rack hehe.

Ilora x

Yeh they are pretty huge although only a few people know that, only because where i work monsoon is our biggest customer ssooooo you kinda get the drift.

Keep looking im sure you will find something soon :)