Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How much do you eat?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kath2003
    Yesterday I pigged out - shame on me :( but I was feeling really rough with a cold/temperature...

I had...
    fat free raspberry yoghurt
    porridge with semi skimmed milk & raisins & sugar
    one slice of wholemeal bread with a tiny bit of low fat cheese
    porridge with semi skimmed milk & raisins & sugar
    half a can of baked beans, oven chips
    slice of wholemeal bread with phillidephia light
    go ahead caramel crunch bar
    glass of red wine
    two cups of tea

pigged out? :confused: i think i'd actually starve to death on your diet!

whether i have brekkie depends on whether i can be arsed making it or going to cafe, if i do it's a full english brekkie :)

lunch - whatever mum cooks, usually chicken and lots of veggies, several plates of rice, some fish, etc.

dinner - usually form dad's restaurant, something like special fried rice, prawn balls, and a starter.

2nd dinner - same as above, at moment it's spring rolls, lamb in sweet chilli sauce, chciken fried rice...

will drink probably a litre or two of soft drink, same agin or more of water.
  • Options
    Today i ate half a chicken and mushroom slice and a chinese takeaway. But that was because i've got cystitis (woe is me :() and i'm feeling really crappy and not like eating much. I've also drunk about a zillion pints of water, which is keeping me feeling full. I normally eat quite a lot more than that, but i walk a lot so i'm not gaining any weight.

Everyone's right about the crash dieting thing though; i did it to the extent of being diagnosed with an eating disorder when i was younger and now i find it really difficult to lose weight because my body just clings onto it :mad:
  • Options
    there are nearly as many calories in 2 apples as there are in sweets, you really do want to stop the obsession with calories! i used to only eat 750 calories a day an although i did lose weight i lost too much and ended up ill. if u cut dwn ur 2 much ur blood sugar levels will drop and u'll b more prone 2 illness and fainting spells. trust me hospita l dnt look 2 kindly upon this!

all i have eaten since saturday morn is a piece of dry toast and water, this is not healthy. but i cnt change my ways
  • Options
    dude. thread. dead. :(

um, we know about eating disorders, thanks :) and if you type properly people will be more willing to respond.

yeah, I'm a grouchy bitch
  • Options
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    dude. thread. dead. :(

Bit unfair, it's only a week.

um, we know about eating disorders, thanks :) and if you type properly people will be more willing to respond.

Fair enough this though.

As I've said alreadym, the body needs AT LEAST 1000-1300 calories a day just to survive at its bare minimum. Eat less and you'll look ill.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Bit unfair, it's only a week.

was on the second page, though. and I wanted to say it. yes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    was on the second page, though. and I wanted to say it. yes.

Fair enough.

Grouchy sod;)
  • Options
    well I have to admit I could eat healthier. I eat way too many pre-prepared meals , frozen dinners etc. Lucky for me I have a high metabolism so high calorie foods don't stick to me even though I sit around at my job a lot. Working late shifts and overtime wipes me out so I don't make too many meals from scratch. Except for tacos and pizza sometimes. mmm Tacos :yum:
  • Options
    actually.. i used to be overweight.. and what i did was eat 5 small, healthy meals a day.. rather than 1-3 large ones...

and when i got hungry i snacked on vegetables and fruit.. but more veggies than fruit

and actually... what you're supposed to do is take the food pyramid (i don't know if you guys have that over there...) and cut down on it...
    for example, you're supposd to have 6-11 servings of breads, grains, stuff liek that a day... so i cut it down to 3-5 a day

i also didn't eat after seven o'clock

and i let myself have junk food only once every two weeks...

and exercise... obviously...
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    Apples are negative calories though, you burn more/just as many calories from eating them as there are in them

No, that's celery.
  • Options
    That's not true, most fruit is full of fructose which breaks down to glucose and provides many calories. Celery is practically the only one it works for and that's because it's mainly fibre :)
  • Options
    65 calories in your standard apple. Bananas are the biggie tho - 100 calories a go!
  • Options
    I usually eat one meal which is dinner and eat loads of small different things the rest of the day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I eat too much.

Me too.

Usually though my main meals are pretty healthy e.g chicken with noodles, cooked dinner etc. My main problem is snacks and carbs.

Luckily though i walk the dog everyday and ride everyday as well so i burn off my energy enough that i don't worry too much about what i eat. When i was boxing and riding i was able to eat a lot more.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    it's made of cellulose (I think - it's not fibre anyway)

Isn't cellulose counted as a fibre because the human body can't break it down?

And bananas might be 'full' of calories, but they've also got lots of potassium in them, so if you've got heatstroke/you're bulimic or anorexic, it's important to eat them. They'll stop you dying.
  • Options
    Bananas are great for you - no one was ever denying that, and if you're not a big eater in the mornings they make a nice small, nutritious breakfast. It's just they contain more calories per 100g than most other fruits (except avocados which should be avoided like the plague for anyone on a diet), but it's GOOD calories! I'm still on a "diet" (although no longer losing weight) and enjoyed bananas and other fruit throughout my diet as they stop you feeling hungry for longer.
  • Options
    The body needs potassium to ward off sodium.
  • Options
    A bit random,but hey...

Is there anything other than bananas that is high in potassium? Because I can't eat bananas, and always wonder if there is anything else potassiummy around.
  • Options
    today ive eaten
    breakfast - 1 large bowl crunchy nut cornflakes with full fat milk., 1 banana.
    lunch - 4 slices of white toast with butter.
    dinner _ 1/3 tescos finest four cheese pizza.
    1 banana, 1 tangerine, half an apple

I also drink several cups of coffee with milk and sugar throughout the day and then a mug of malted milk last thing at night.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonArcanum
    A bit random,but hey...

Is there anything other than bananas that is high in potassium? Because I can't eat bananas, and always wonder if there is anything else potassiummy around.
    you could always take a multi-mineral supplement
  • Options
    I have eaten way too much today. Oops.

1 bowl of bran flakes, skimmed milk
    2 satsumas
    1 glass of OJ
    half a can of meatballs for lunch
    two shortbread biscuits
    a sandwich

And that's even before tea. Might just make that a butty.
  • Options
    I havent replied to my own thread :chin:

Today i have had a sandwich and a couple of sausage rolls from greggs....

Since im feeling sick on and off i wont be eating for the rest of the day /evening. ( as much as i feel hungry )

I still hardly eat very much everyday but i do try to eat which is more than i can say more a month ago or so.

I still dont eat enough fruit and veg though so much do that!

If i can manage to eat anything else it will be soup :D