Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Helter Skelter NYE

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
OMFG!!

http://www.acceleratedculture.com/upload/nye/lifepressrelease.htm

Don't think slammin' will be able to compete with this.:D

I think i know where I'm going now, although no Storm or Whizzkid. :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hold on mate the main flyer hasnt even been released yet!

As i understand it, Storm and Whizzkid are HTID residents anyway!

To be honest i wonder how Slammin is gonna top this!:D

Anyone know how big Milton Keynes Leisure complex is or the capacity?:confused:
    I think Storm and Whizzkid are exclusive to Slammin on NYE though... hmmm...

I have a feeling Shepton will be a better venue. (I'll find out on Saturday :)).

I think they got 6000 for 'Energy', but this looks bigger still. The flyer will be out on Saturday after Slammin, so I've heard.
    I've never really liked huge events like this, you end up just wandering around a lot and loosing your mates.

Though I do quite like Raindance though.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Helter Skelter NYE
    Originally posted by Ants
    Don't think slammin' will be able to compete with this.:D

I reckon Slammin will have better Old Skool & Techno lineups.

I really want to go on Saturday but have no ticket and all my mates despite initially saying they would go, have now larry'd it. :(

The Dreamscape that I went to at Shepton Mallet has to be one of the best events I've ever been to.
    Weekender Offender 
    One word:

B L A T A N T L Y. :D
    Y U P
    Is anyone actually going to Scamming Vinyl on NYE? It's a bit ruff there these days so I hear.
    It's a bit ruff there these days so I hear.

bloody hell, has news from 1997 only just reached your parts:D :thumb:

seriously though, its not gonna be as bad as the Sancutary used to be, just keep ya wits about you.

You wanna see dodgy go to One Nation in Brixton, ive heard thats a nightmare.

I wouldnt let any security issues put you off:)
    My first time raving was at SV in 97 at Bagleys when I was 16 and never had any probs. Always was a tad ruff but I;ve heard it's just got more and more of a shit hole and even more of a wank rave.
    I've heard rather bad things about the crowd now, youngsters who are a bit chav-ish.

Go to Raindance, top quality ravin'
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Is anyone actually going to Scamming Vinyl on NYE? It's a bit ruff there these days so I hear.

Shepton Mallet shouldn't be too bad.
    Weekender Offender 
    Originally posted by Skive
    Shepton Mallet shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah I heard nothing but good things about it..

..oh, 'cept for the bloke who got his throat slit. :o

Though you can't blame Slammin, or the venue though but how the fuck someone walked in with a knife is beyond me. Same with the knuckleduster incident at Energy
    I was reading on ush.net forums and someone said that the new(?) SV security are sposed to be really good.

SV Security
    A different venue means a different set of security. Sanctuary security were known for being absolute ****s, even though I never had any trouble from them myself.

The security people at Shepton Mallet were (so I read) very nice people, knew what they were doing when it came to first aid etc etc. but all that said, people still walked in with knives, and as a result someone had their throat slit - tighter security checks are needed without aa doubt.

And how much faith would you put in these people if they were 'using their stashes of base' (amphetamine/speed) in front of people?
    was it a fatal incident with the knife, as what happened at Energy?:confused:
    Blimey, I really would recomend you lot go to Elation, you wont even find someone slightly moody there and certainly not any knives and such.

Raindance is bloody safe too, though you do get a few arses in the Drum and Bass section.
    though you do get a few arses in the Drum and Bass section.

you dont say:rolleyes: ?

ah fookin ate pikeys:D
    Slammin' 30th October

Venue - wicked
    Production - lacking
    Security - spot on (apart from then entrance searches, no metal detectors and just a pat down).
    Crowd - Personally had no problems.

The knifing incident happened outside the venue.

It's impossible to ensure no trouble, when you have an event with 6000 + people. Especially when you include a certain music style that, in recent times, attracts a certain amount of trouble.

No one has mention the fact that about 6-7 people collapsed in the hardcore room, meaning the music was stopped a few times. Inc. the two who collapsed in the last tune.

I think slammin attracted alot of first timers and people who would not normally go to this type of event, because of the history of the venue etc. I certainly knew quite a few people that went who wouldn't have ever ventured to the Sanctuary. Hopefully those first timers will have matured a bit by the next one and the trouble makers may not want to repeat the experience.

Personally, I didn't have the best of nights on Saturday, but thats in no way Slammin's fault. (Oddly enough I spent all night in the Techno room, and only about 20 mins in the Hardcore?!? Not that I don't like techno, but it's not like me). And after seeing the flyer for Helter NYE, and the line up for Slammin, Helter is definately the place to be this december.

I'll defiantely venture to a Slammin in the new year, as it's less than a 2 hour drive from me, and hopefully it will have calmed down a bit.
    Thats what I've heard about it too, lots of first timers and younger ravers, a lot of those with a bit of an attitude.

You get a nice mix at Raindance, quite a few in the Old school room who've probably been going to Raindance for the past 15 years.

If you're anywhere near London Elation is clearly the best hardcore event around anyway.
    Next event I will be at!

Vibes and Livlee should bring back some memories. :D The whole lineup looks excellent and the venue has got to be one of the best in the country.
    Weekender Offender 
    Cheesy bastards that they are.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Cheesy bastards that they are.

Actually Vibes plays a very good old skool set. Last time I saw him at Brunel Rooms he started off his set with Rave is a Mystery which has got to be one of the best hardcorre tracks ever produced.
    Weekender Offender 
    You get a nice mix at Raindance, quite a few in the Old school room who've probably been going to Raindance for the past 15 years.

ive been meaning to get down there for aaaaages :hyper:

lately though...all my mates arent interested in ravin or broke and NO ONE in this fucking university is into raving :mad:

no one want to go raving with me wAAAAAAAAAHHHHH:(
    what uni are you at again?

could always go on a few clubbign websites, meet people that way? that's how i met my current clubbing mates as i knew no one at nottingham that was into clubbing and in general made some really good mates :)
    Originally posted by Maladjusted
    what uni are you at again?

could always go on a few clubbign websites, meet people that way? that's how i met my current clubbing mates as i knew no one at nottingham that was into clubbing and in general made some really good mates :)

Clubbing one thing, raving another. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Clubbing one thing, raving another.

yeah it is :D:D:D