Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Kerry and the assassination plot

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *yawn*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe
    My respects for the both of you. Honor has not disappeared, from this place.

My perceptions? My "politics"? Come from having survived what so many did not.
    Hey it sounds like that Al Pacino bloke playing the part of a blinded bigot in The Scent of a Woman innit :)

Now put the goddamn gun down...
  • Options
    Whilst accepting that what Globe did for his country is noble, and relevant to him, and possibly other Americans using this board.
    It has absolutely no relevance to us.

Noone here gives a shit about Kerry's war record when Bush's is just as bad, if not worse (considering Daddy got him out of it).
    Most people here care about:
    Kerry's foreign policy
    Kerry's domestic policy.

So far Bush has decided that his foreign policy will be:
    Use Britain as a whipping boy, despite desperately needing us to help out, and to give his invasion some credibility.
    Attempting to creat a new American empire.

And his domestic policy seems to be revolving around:
    Fuck the poor, they don't need free healthcare or a decent education if it means we lose out on taxes.

The most honest thing Kerry admitted to was that taxes for the rich would go UP. And everyone in the audience applauded him because they knew it would mean better lives for them and their children.
    So far Bush has said "fuck you" to everyone earning less than $30,000 a year, which is nearly everyone.

So Globe, give up.
    We don't give a shit about Kerry's war record because:
    Vietnam had nothing to do with us
    American soldiers back then had nothing to do with us
    Kerry is still more of a man than Bush could ever be.
  • Options
    thank you!

personally i dont trust either of them too much but kerry would be slightly less imperialistic in my opinion, bot tht much more cause the way all the campaigns are financed, but for me its bush or no bush and id rather have no bush anyday
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere

I bow to you, masterful poster, you honour us.
  • Options

Kerry is still more of a man than Bush could ever be.

ONLY if your definition of a "man" is a coward who would betray his country for a perceived political gain.

You love Kerry so much? Bribe him away from France.

And then watch him sell out your nation to the highest bidder.

Treason is FOREVER. What Kerry deserves? Is the gallows.
  • Options
    *yawn*
  • Options
    ONLY if your definition of a "man" is a coward who would betray his country for a perceived political gain.

You love Kerry so much? Bribe him away from France.

And then watch him sell out your nation to the highest bidder.

Treason is FOREVER
    . What Kerry deserves? Is the gallows.

Kerry is a man because he isn't a fucking corporate sell out.
    We all know where you stand. Fuck healthcare, fuck education, fuck anyone who isn't in the military.
    As long as you've got the money for your new stealth fighter, or a tank that's slightly better than the older one who cares about the 150+million citizens who go without a decent wage, chances of good free medicines, or a library where they can sit and read and discover there is more to the world than Texas.

Is it any wonder that millions of people in your country believe that God created the world in 7 days when so much money is being diverted from education, that Bush actively encourages people to take backwards steps when it comes to science and understanding?

Look at Europe, we have the money for decent welfare systems AND excellent armed forces that don't shoot themselves, their allies or lose caches of high explosives.

Just ask your citizens what they want. Free healthcare or a stealth bomber and see what they answer with. When they realise that the bomber will come at the expense of little Jimmy getting that liver transplant he desperately needs for less than $30,000 they'll soon start giving people like you, people like Bush the finger and realise there's more to life than sheltering in the basement waiting for the anthrax to appear.
  • Options
    Kerry is a man because he isn't a fucking corporate sell out..

lool.gif

COMPLETELY ignorant of Kerry, aren't you?

lool.gif
  • Options
    They're both as bad as each other anyway.
  • Options
    And Bush isn't, Thanatos?

Has the man ever been able of independent thought?

Has the Republican party ever made a single policy without being influenced by their providers in the weapons, oil or communication industries, to name but three?

And on a different note, and since you claim to "care" about patriotism and fellow comrades, is Kerry directly responsible for the unnecessary and senseless deaths of more than 1,000 US soldiers who signed up to defend their country but ended up giving their lives for the benefit of Exxon, Lockheed Martin and Halliburton, like your beloved Bush is?

Who's the bigger traitor here?
  • Options
    Have to confess I agree with Globe on something he said recently, Kerry = lesser of two evils. Personally I don't think he would be too much different from Bush.

What I see his an American Tony Blair, who if he wins would soon show his true colours. I think he's only to happy like most politicians to be swayed by a bit of a corporate backhander.

He definitely would have gone to war with Iraq, remember Clinton wasn't too shy with the old war machine when he was ready.

Maybe I'm just too cynical.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Shut up. Seriously.

It's not good to see your lack of understanding or respect for people.

I don't like Globe's politics, but in fighting for his country in Vietnam he did something I could never do. And I respect people who can do that.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab

He definitely would have gone to war with Iraq, remember Clinton wasn't too shy with the old war machine when he was ready.

Kerry DEMANDED that Clinton invade Iraq, because of the WMD. Remember?

And Kerry voted for OIF, remember... except now he wants to revise that, and deny it.

Kerry is George Orwell's prediction, and "history" changes on an hourly basis, as to Kerry's perceived need of the moment.
  • Options
    Saddam did not have a single WMD left in 2003- and for some time earlier than that. Furthermore, George Wanker knew this full well but went to war regardless after lying to his people, his army, his nation and the entire world (and that's why he hurriedly demanded the UN inspectors stopped their work half way, because he knew what the result of their investigation would be).

Now, unless George Wanker told Kerry in secret about the complete lack of WMDs in Iraq, if Kerry believed that going to war was justified to remove Saddam's weapons you have no fucking grounds whatsoever to complain about his stance. And you know it.

How funny that you continue to avoid talking about Bush's deliberate lying, cheating and deceiving. How bizarre that you don't seem to care that your President lies to you and your fellow citizens in order to take the US into an illegal war. How sad that you don't appear to be upset that more than 1,000 of your army comrades have been killed and several tens of thousands wounded solely because of a cheating, lying coward and his government of greedy scumbags wanted to further the interests of America's oil companies and weapon manufacturers.

How extraordinary that you cannot stop talking about "treason", imaginary or otherwise, and yet fail to admit that George W. Bush is the biggest traitor America has seen in generations.

How many more dead US soldiers will it take before you dare to question the validity of their deaths Thanatos? Do you think that a single one of those young men and women who ended their lives on a dirt track 8,000 miles away from home had willingly intended to put their lives on the line for the philosophies of the PNAC and the pockets of Halliburton’s shareholders?

Don’t you really think that the people who put their lives and their total trust at the disposal of their country’s armed forces and their Commander-in-Chief deserve better than to be lied to, used and manipulated in such disgusting way Thanatos? Serious question- please answer to this even if you ignore the rest of the post.
  • Options
    Look in the mirror pal. How many of your fellow countrymen are afraid to even travel to Europe because of traitors such as yourself who give All Americans a bad name throughout the world. Christ I see them travelling in this country with Canadian stickers on their luggage rather than admitting that they are citizens of the US.

Traitor?

You!
  • Options
    Globe, answer my other points, like I said, Bush is a corporate sell out. PROVE ME WRONG.
    Bush cares nothing for the middle and lower classes in America.
    PROVE ME WRONG.
    Bush says he does, but in reality he cares nothing for education or healthcare. PROVE ME WRONG.

you can't, or you won't. So shut the fuck up about Kerry's war record, noone gives a shit.