Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

charlie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i fucking hate cocaine. it turned my ex-bf into twat whenever he did it for a couple of days after and while he was on it

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And what?
    lol^^

divnt kna why im laughin must be the e-hangover!!:naughty:;)
    Re: charlie
    Originally posted by Super-human
    i fucking hate cocaine. it turned my ex-bf into twat whenever he did it for a couple of days after and while he was on it

to be honest, he was probably a bit of a twat to start with and the coke just brought it out of him....maybe im wrong....

Peace
    each to their own man.
    I'll prob get a virtual ass kicking for my opninon like but fuck it..

Drugs are a downward spiral ;):)
    i dont know why i bothered saying that tbh, im kinda in a bad mood/ upset...... i blame that.

Drugs are bad period. when used for any purpose other than medicinal.

I cant change my views on drugs i see them as bad, i was raised to believe they are bad.

Her b/f prob was a twat before he took coke, none of us know either way. He cud have been a twat before taking drugs or could have been a twat Due to the drugs.

*awaits next virtual ass kicking* :p

meh
    The very chemicals which make our brain function can and do change how we think and feel. Nearly every plant, if concentrated and smoked, snorted, eaten, or injected in sufficient quantities will alter your thinking

With this thought, drugs are bad, maybe they dont have the same effect on everyone In some people they might provide a positive effect, sure, but in others they may give a negative effect. How many people have died in the last couple of years from E or whatever else.

Simply put drugs are bad. They are adictive. They will catch you out. They may lead to your death. There are so many other ways to have fun, No one needs to take drugs.
    As more and more people are exposed to ever more choices, “Just Say No to Drugs” seems a quaint relic of a failed cultural experiment.

there could be no bigger understatement in this day and age. no one listens, Even death isnt enough to put people off these days... shame

:p

maybe i should shut up now. Drugs is a huge subject no one will win
    theres more chance of dying short term from drugs than alcohol imo :p

ETA: edited coz im shit
    Is that to do with prohibition? Or the inherent nature of "drugs"? What drugs are we talking about anyway? In what context? Taken by whom and why?
    *gone*
    Richeh
    theres more chance of dying short term from drugs than alcohol imo

statistics arent a matter of opinion, either there are or there arent. Short term, i wouldnt like to bet on your theory being correct. Alcohol DOES have over dose potential ahead of many recreational drugs, plus its effects at high levels can result in serious and immediate danger (serious impairment of motor functions, passing out, vomitting which can result in chocking, increased susceptability to violence whether instigated or targeted).

'Drugs' as an umbrella term is extremely unhelpful to pit a group of substances against one. All sustances should be treated and discussed independantly otherwise the issue becomes a bit meaningless.

Oh and Richeh, why so defensive, if you've got a view share it, dont be worried about being challenged on it, s'the only way we ever learn anything. No one will mind about idsagreeing with you, so long as you consider their response as well man.

(Rachie you're a naughty girl, stop jumping on him because he isnt a big nasty drug luvvin blue meanie like you:p :thumb: )
    Originally posted by swank
    Only coz alcohols legal and more people do it.

Intelligent and incisive analysis there.
    It's awful

No, it is an awful awful drug, and usage does fuck up everyone's personality *in the end*; eventually you just lose your personality utterly. Plus you don't realise how addicted you are until you come off the hideous devil's dandruff.

Bleh.
    Re: It's awful
    Originally posted by felis
    No, it is an awful awful drug, and usage does fuck up everyone's personality *in the end*; eventually you just lose your personality utterly. Plus you don't realise how addicted you are until you come off the hideous devil's dandruff.

Bleh.

How does coke fuck your personality up? Don't really get that at all. Pyschedelics are the ones you need to watch in terms of messing with yer mind.
    All addictions fuck your personality.
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    All addictions fuck your personality.

If you're addicted to coke then yeah, it'll change your personality, but it's not going to cause long term pyschological changes. It isn't going to fuck your mind up, unlike tripping.
    Stimulants can be a major cause of paranoia in some people.
    Re: Re: It's awful
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    How does coke fuck your personality up? Don't really get that at all. Pyschedelics are the ones you need to watch in terms of messing with yer mind.
    no mate ...stimulants are the ones that truly fuck the mind long term. living at a million miles n hour 10 days a week is seriously damaging.
    few people are fucked by opiates or psycadelic experiences. honest.
    Re: Re: Re: It's awful
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    no mate ...stimulants are the ones that truly fuck the mind long term. living at a million miles n hour 10 days a week is seriously damaging.
    few people are fucked by opiates or psycadelic experiences. honest.

I know loads of people who've been fucked by pyschedlics, from smoking dope every day for so long onto magic mushies and what not. No motivation, changed vision, nerves completely wrecked...speach totally muddled, can't think properly, depression... I know cokeheads, and from what i've seen of ex-cokeheads, it's a total different predicament.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: It's awful
    I know loads of people who've been fucked by pyschedlics, from smoking dope every day for so long onto magic mushies and what not. No motivation, changed vision, nerves completely wrecked...speach totally muddled, can't think properly, depression... I know cokeheads, and from what i've seen of ex-cokeheads, it's a total different predicament.
    with all respect spliffie ...you are a young student ...so how do you know so many fucked up people when someone like me who has been at the centre of the drug scene and every aspect of it from smuggling to caring ...knows so few?
    short term maybe ...but long term ...it's not the reality i know.
    unless ...todays youth ...so full of despair and suicide and self harming and lack of self worth ...and thats those who don't take drugs ...just cannot handle the stuff.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It's awful
    with all respect spliffie ...you are a young student ...so how do you know so many fucked up people when someone like me who has been at the centre of the drug scene and every aspect of it from smuggling to caring ...knows so few?
    short term maybe ...but long term ...it's not the reality i know.
    unless ...todays youth ...so full of despair and suicide and self harming and lack of self worth ...and thats those who don't take drugs ...just cannot handle the stuff.

Well how old are you lol. As I said, i know enough people, heard enough and seen enough...not denying people who've experienced coke addiction are going to be burdened by it pyschologically...but there's plenty of people who've fallen victim to tripping. A few tabs, picking a shitload of mushies, a few months of loads of dope which leads to another few months until you've got fuck all going for you, you're isolated and end up a shadow of what you were...it happens, more than you seem to think.
    And the thing about dope is, it's too good at filling a void in your life...attracting the type of person who probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place. A problem i wouldn't associate with coke.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It's awful
    Well how old are you lol. As I said, i know enough people, heard enough and seen enough...not denying people who've experienced coke addiction are going to be burdened by it pyschologically...but there's plenty of people who've fallen victim to tripping. A few tabs, picking a shitload of mushies, a few months of loads of dope which leads to another few months until you've got fuck all going for you, you're isolated and end up a shadow of what you were...it happens, more than you seem to think.
    i have been taking illegals for 36 years ...but since 1986 ...only cannabis.
    i have been involved in smuggling and dealing a few million quids worth a year ...all in the past now.
    i have no fear of speaking on here cos the police and the customs man and all the rest know everything about me already ...i'm confident they know everything i do now ...which is ok.
    in all those years i have seen massive drug abuse ...been a heroin addict ...in the eighties i was consuming three and half grand a weeks worth of drugs ...
    i am a very active individual and very healthy. i have lost freinds and associates to drugs by way of death and madness. death mostly.
    very very few people have long term problems, in fact ...most heroin addicts from my generation end up as pot smoking antique dealers ...some in other businesses.
    the speed freaks and cokefreaks are mostly the ones who become very strange and often incapable people in the long term.
    thats 36 yrs of experience mate but ...i do worry about todays youth taking drugs. they live in a far more pressurised world than i did. they seem far more fragile than we were.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It's awful
    i have been taking illegals for 36 years ...but since 1986 ...only cannabis.
    i have been involved in smuggling and dealing a few million quids worth a year ...all in the past now.
    i have no fear of speaking on here cos the police and the customs man and all the rest know everything about me already ...i'm confident they know everything i do now ...which is ok.
    in all those years i have seen massive drug abuse ...been a heroin addict ...in the eighties i was consuming three and half grand a weeks worth of drugs ...
    i am a very active individual and very healthy. i have lost freinds and associates to drugs by way of death and madness. death mostly.
    very very few people have long term problems, in fact ...most heroin addicts from my generation end up as pot smoking antique dealers ...some in other businesses.
    the speed freaks and cokefreaks are mostly the ones who become very strange and often incapable people in the long term.
    thats 36 yrs of experience mate but ...i do worry about todays youth taking drugs. they live in a far more pressurised world than i did. they seem far more fragile than we were.

I still wouldn't admit to being involved, regardless of what the police know - wouldn't be the first time loose lips on the net have sunk someone's ship.

As for today's youth living in a more pressurised world...i'm not talking about teenagers who've smoked dope for a few months and feel a bit depressed, i'm on about people in their 30's/40's who've smoked/taken other shit and never really recovered. I know a guy in his mid 30's who's been smoking grass pretty much habitually since he was about 17/18. He struggles to talk, can't form sentences, can hardly remember anything...totally altered mindset. Tries to quit it, says he just can't cope with normality any more without smoking. I've ended up similarly, i've gone for periods without taking anything but normality doesn't properly return...i cant even remember what normal reality is like...boozing makes it even worse...and i don't see it really changing.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It's awful
    I still wouldn't admit to being involved, regardless of what the police know - wouldn't be the first time loose lips on the net have sunk someone's ship.

As for today's youth living in a more pressurised world...i'm not talking about teenagers who've smoked dope for a few months and feel a bit depressed, i'm on about people in their 30's/40's who've smoked/taken other shit and never really recovered. I know a guy in his mid 30's who's been smoking grass pretty much habitually since he was about 17/18. He struggles to talk, can't form sentences, can hardly remember anything...totally altered mindset. Tries to quit it, says he just can't cope with normality any more without smoking. I've ended up similarly, i've gone for periods without taking anything but normality doesn't properly return...i cant even remember what normal reality is like...boozing makes it even worse...and i don't see it really changing.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It's awful

don't admit to going to jail and paying the price?
    i've done my time mate ...its on record ...it's been in the papers ...can hardly deny it and ...i don't have a ship to sink.
    sorry to here your having problems ...time to quit i'd say.
    i'm not convinced it's the drugs in most cases today ...more the people and the times we live in.
    quit ...cut down ...do something else if it's making you unhappy.
    i think alot of people forget that the substance in your hand is only ever 50% of the reaction termed 'taking drugs'.

the other is the chemstry of your brain and the mindset that that has implications for.

Even if you know whats in your hand, its not as if you can crack open your head and find out what the ever changing brain is like at any one time is it?

So the most a drug user can POSSIBLY know about any one experience is 50%, beyond that we can only infer and predict.

And one day ya might be wrong. I was.