Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Who wants to be filthy f****** rich?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I'm disgustingly rich I shall only shop at Waitrose
i got this idea from something kermit posted in another thread, but if you were proper proper rich (like very wealthy) what would be your stores, suppliers and brands of choice?

For example, for me

Food: Marks & Sparks

Toiletries: The Body Shop

Clothes: nah, still jeans and tshirt with trainers :D

Stereo Equipment (home): Bang and Olafsen all the waaaay!

Bed: Queensize (i think thats the biggest :confused:) Antique pine, with Smiley faces carved into the spheres on top of the posts! (ravin' bed! :D )

Car 1(for getting around in): Peugeot 306, dont need a big car do drive around in, bad for the environment, plus the 306 is :hyper:

Car 2 (For raggin about): The brand new 3.8 Porshce 911 Carrera S :hyper:

First house: Bournemouth, that big white Vice city style mansion that sits atop the cliffs lokkin over the beach.

Second House: Some nice cottage farm house thing in the Wye valley :yes:

what about you lot?
:confused::)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Who wants to be filthy f****** rich?

Food: Marks & Sparks

Toiletries: The Body Shop

Clothes: All over the place... Heard Camden is cool

Stereo Equipment (home): A nice big ass speaker system with a good base, top of the range. Would have it in a big room with shitloads of CDs.

Bed: Waterbed maybe? Something big and bouncy.

Car 1(for getting around in): Fuck... I dunno... somethin quick that's a little more environmentally friendly? maybe get a solar powered car.

Car 2 (For raggin about): Waste of money. Would rag a kayak down the river instead.

First house: Out in the country... with a nice garden... would make it a nature reserve.

Second House: Funky flat in the city, with a futong, good stereo system & bongos....

Food: Market and farm shops, fresh

Toiletries: Tescos still

Clothes: Next

Stereo Equipment (home): Direct from the manufacturer depending on what I wanted.

Bed: Custom made

Car 1(for getting around in): Toyotat Prius, is a hybrid

Car 2 (For raggin about): TVR Griffith 500, Aston Martin Vanquish, Toyota 4x4 Flatbed Pickup, Triumph Rocket Three, Triumph Speed Triple, Kawasaki Ninja.

"The brand new 3.8 Porshce 911 Carrera S :hyper:" What?! Get a real car!

First house: Buckinghamshire, in the chilterns

Second House: Italy in piamonte
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    Bed: Queensize (i think thats the biggest :confused:)

nahh, kingsize is bigger. but then superking and 7' squared are even bigger than that :)
    i got this idea from something kermit posted in another thread, but if you were proper proper rich (like very wealthy) what would be your stores, suppliers and brands of choice?

Food: Whatever we want at the time.

Toiletries: Not fussed

Clothes: Asda :D

Stereo Equipment (home): I dunno. Linn or something.

Bed: Wooden frame with lots of solid bars and stuff, or one of those big fancy metal framed things.

Car 1(for getting around in): I dunno, a 1 series or something.

Car 2 (For raggin about): What is raggin? Is this meant to be the nice car? Aston Martin DB9, big fat audi, a monster truck, land rover or other 4x4.

First house: Where I am now, but made nicer.

Second House: Little (or big) cottage in the middle of nowhere, probably with its own helipad (and helicopter lessons)
    Food: Own personal chef

Toiletries: Ralph Lauren

Clothes: Whatever was comfortable, maybe some armani

Stereo Equipment (home): Bang and Olafsen all the waaaay! (agreed)

Bed: Custom made, 10feet by 10 feet

Car 1(for getting around in): Audi TT

Car 2 (For raggin about): Porsche 911

First house: Penthouse flat in kensington

Second House: Penthouse on Sydney harbour (plus a house in thailand on my own personal island)
    Re: Re: Who wants to be filthy f****** rich?
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    nahh, kingsize is bigger. but then superking and 7' squared are even bigger than that :)
    superking is the biggest.My friends got one and its massive. I wouldnt get it in my room. She got a big bed because most of the time her two children sleep in the bed with them too.
    A queensize is bigger than a single, but smaller than a double I thought.

Ive got a kingsize bed. plenty big enough, but still easy to buy bedding for. When was the last time you saw queensize or superking size bedding for sale?
    Food:local farmers market, everything organic or free range.

Toiletries: The Body Shop and Lush

Clothes: All over the place...same as now, but more often.

Stereo Equipment (home):dunno, not fussed. Im happy with the stereo ive got. Id love a big plasma TV though.

Bed: kingsize, but id get a new one. really nice and comfy.

Car 1. smart car, but I wish they had more than 2 seats.

Car 2 wouldnt have two cars for myself. If forced, maybe a lotus elise or exige.

First house:a huge house with lots of grounds, a river, a wood, treehouses, outbuildings, wild ponies, deer and squirrels.

Second House: gite in the dordogne
    Food: Waitrose, Tesco or maybe local shops.

Toiletries: Same.

Clothes: Any that suit me.

Stereo Equipment (home): NAD/Mission combo and stuff

Bed: Comfy one

Car 1(for getting around in): Audi A6 or a BMW 530d

Car 2 (For raggin about): TVR tuscan (proper one, and a track)

First house: Ilkley

Second House: Probably a poncy flat in Leeds.
    Re: Re: Re: Who wants to be filthy f****** rich?
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    superking is the biggest.My friends got one and its massive. I wouldnt get it in my room. She got a big bed because most of the time her two children sleep in the bed with them too.
    A queensize is bigger than a single, but smaller than a double I thought.

UK superking is 180cm x 198cm. 7' squared is 214cm x 214cm. unecessarily large. not many people buy bigger than superking, though.

Just to confuse the matter, standard bed sizes are different in the UK, US and in Europe. A european queensize is the same size as a UK small double/three quarter (120cm x 190cm). The UK doesn’t generally use the term queensize, unless referring to US sized beds, but occasionally, custom beds between double and king are called queensize. An american queensize is the same width as a UK kingsize, but longer. Check me and my bed knowledge.
    When was the last time you saw queensize or superking size bedding for sale?

yeah, exactly. you'd be better off pushing two doubles together and getting two seperate bedding sets. we had a bed like that on holiday, and it was fab.

p.s. i'm gonna actually answer the question in a bit. ;)
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    you'd be better off pushing two doubles together
    A quadruple! Now we're talking :D
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

Car 1. smart car, but I wish they had more than 2 seats.

Oh, but they do
    Originally posted by Mist
    Oh, but they do
    want that one.
    Food: Asda (no different)

Toiletries: Anywhere

Clothes: Most designer shops

Stereo Equipment (home): Not sure :\

Bed: Kingsize :D

Car 1(for getting around in): Audii TT

Car 2 (For raggin about): Audii TT!!

First house: One with a heated swimming pool ;)
    Food: Marks and sparks

Toiletries: Channel

Clothes: Most designer shops

Stereo Equipment (home):sexy looking things

Bed: Kingsize with satin sheets all over the place

Car 1(for getting around in): sexy black one

Car 2 : Morris minor!!!:love:

First house: Normal sized house with lots of mod cons
    if you were proper proper rich (like very wealthy) what would be your stores, suppliers and brands of choice?

what about you lot?
    :confused::)

where ever and what ever the bloody servants thought was best
    Food: I’d probably employ a chef, if I was filthy stinking rich, cause I can cook, but am usually too lazy, and end up living off junk, or ready meals. I’d buy meat and veggies direct from this farm in somerset we visited where they raise their animals the way people used to before the war – so there’s no dodge chemicals, or super-fattening genes, and they are SO tasty. My bread would be made fresh every day by my chef, bless his heart.

Toiletries: Tigi bedhead stuff for my hair, the same make up I have now, only with a few blingy additions. Philosophy bath stuff, so it could look cool on my shelf. And custom blended perfume.

Clothes: I don’t know if I’d dress any differently. I’d just have a lot more of the same kind of stuff. like converse low tops in every colour they come in. and i'd invest in a much blingier sewing machine, overlocker and knitting machine, and buy loads of fabrics that are £10+ a metre, so i usually ignore.

Stereo Equipment (home): i'd let mr. kaff pick. they all sound the same to me :/

Bed: custom made 7' diameter round bed. memory foam mattress. custom made round sheets and covers. ooh baby.

Car 1: i'd probably just get something like i have now (fiesta) only it would have central locking and the radio would actually work. i might get a custom paint job though. black with pink flames or something equally tacky, and then do out the interior in black and pink.

Car 2 (For raggin about): a pick-up truck. so we can chuck the bikes in the back. and i just think they're cool. probably a battered old white one, cause it seems the rules of the road don't apply to those.

First house: self-designed mini-mansion in a pretty village in north yorkshire (but still close enough to leeds to shop). funky open-plan interior. triple garage. pool. stables. steam room. huge garden for mr. kaff to build mountain bike type jumpy trail things. security men. cleaners.

Second House: modern flat somewhere busy and cool like new york, or LA, or sydney. for when the country is too boring. failing that, a little house with a pool somewhere hot.
    I swear, if I won the lottery tomorrow I wouldn't change a thing. I'd probably be one of these little old ladies that die in impoverished circumstances only for it to be discovered that there's millions in the bank.

I think I have a bit of a phobia about spending money!
    Originally posted by BritJames
    what's 200cm x 160 cm? :chin:

european king size.

ikea?

Food: The same bog standard places as now, only with high-class restaurants thrown in at the weekends.

Toiletries: Same as now; Boots

Clothes: Open, Ice, Urban Outfitters, USC, D&G, Versace, Armani etc.

Stereo Equipment (home): Bang and Olafsen as well :razz:

Bed: Four poster king-size with six Play Boy models (they're with me for my looks, obviously) and a mirrored ceiling or something equally cheesy

Car 1(for getting around in): A fully restored '67 Ford Shelby GT 500. Gotta have some style and class now I'm rich and all ;)

Car 2 (For raggin about): McLarren F1 Roadster, a Koenigsegg or a Ferrari Enzo

First house: Modern flat in the city overlooking the river. Massive plasma TV, amazing stereo system, tonsa pointless decorative lights, mini-bar, walk-in-wardrobe, all that crap :razz:

Second House: Somewhere abroad. Cuba, or one of the islands off the coast of Spain maybe. Gotta have a big ass yacht to get there as well :razz:
    Re: Re: Re: Who wants to be filthy f****** rich?

Food: Waitrose i guess and my own personal chef and maids (to serve the food obviously)

Toiletries: Hair - Bed Head stuff. Make up - Dior, Chanel, Lancome, Benefit. Bath stuff - Lush and Molton Brown. (its pretty much what i get now)

Clothes: DKNY, Chanel (suits and handbags), Louis Vitton and Dior (handbags), Christian Lacroix (evening dresses), i think you sorta get the point...

Stereo Equipment (home): Bang and Olfsen

Bed: Same as now four poster king-size except add fancier drape things.

Car 1(for getting around in): Bently...(the new one)

Car 2 (For raggin about): Lambourgini

Car 3: Toyota Land Cruiser

Car 4: BMW series 5 or 7

First house: penthouse apartment in belgravia (london), furnished in classic black and white but still with a homely feel.

Second House: One on the Palm in Dubai, another in the South of spain (marbella), one in switzerland another in new york and one in Paris....yes i do have high expectations but i live and die for properties...

Food: Fresh food and anything else I want directly from the producers, all organic and as fresh as possible - everything else from Waitrose.

Toiletries: The Farmacia di Santa Maria Novella in Florence

Clothes: Saville Row...

Stereo Equipment (home): I'll let UCI take care of that when it installs my home cinema for me....

Bed: King-size four poster with big white curtains and a Tempur mattress

Car 1(for getting around in): BMW 750Li

Car 2 (For raggin about): The new Ferrari F60 Enzo that they tested last night on Top Gear

First house: Somewhere in Central London I think.... Kensington?

Second House: In the mountains in Canada, with a view of a lake, a forest and a bit snowy mountain from the bedroom window.

House 3: In the Australian outback, looking out over miles of red sand...

House 4: Somewhere in the states, haven't decided where yet.
    Food: Ill have a chef to cook dishes that suit my metabolism/diet etc, fresh and organic food, marks and spencers, & my mums cooking.

Toiletries: All nice stuff. I dunno.

Clothes: Some custom-made & high street brands.

Stereo: A large system with speakers embedded in the walls/ceilings (but u can't see em) so can be listened to anywhere And a TV built in the wall. :lol:

Bed: Custom-made. Big enough!

Car 1: MG perhaps?

Car 2: Um, audi TT?

First House: Box Hill area

Second House: Canada, Jamaica, Austraila or Amsterdam. (Or all of these!)

crap, clicked quote instead of edit and we can't delete....
    Food:Stick with waitrose

Toiletries: Space NK

Clothes: Everywhere

Stereo Equipment (home): B&O

Bed: I'd stick with my bed. I love it

Car 1(for getting around in): Silver Renault clio, nice and new with a cd player air con c/l etc

Car 2 (For raggin about): Something pretty :D

First house: Big ol mansion in cambridge

Second House: Big ol palace in st. petersburg
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    Car 1(for getting around in): Silver Renault clio, nice and new with a cd player air con c/l etc

oooh, yeah, my car would also have a/c. and a proper heater that didn't make your eyes bleed if you put it anywhere near warm.
    Right. This is my favourite game (and the only reason i'm studying accountancy... ;))

Food: I'd get a chef. I really would, i'd get them to use market and free range things, but i'd want properly prepared tasty balanced meals. And everything else snacky can come from the Harrods food court :D

Toiletries: Molton Brown. Make-up from MAC and Clinique.

Clothes: I'd have tailor made suits and dresses for work and dressyup things, slobbing around things would be jeans from Diesel and funky t-shirts.

Stereo Equipment: NAD or B&O

Bed: Don't mind, but it needs to have a medium mattress and be so big that if i'm sharing it with someone i can't tell :D Though i do love the tempura mattresses.

Car 1 (for getting around in): would be... i don't know. A BMW probably. A black one, not flash, nor particularly new.

Car 2 (for raggin about): would be an Aston Martin Vanquish. Pretty car :)

First house: Would be a mews house in central London

Second house: Would probably be an apartment in Barcelona. And one in Berlin :)
    Food: Tescos and stuff, but I'd get a shiteload of takeways and go out on the piss a lot more.

Toiletries: Superdrug, Boots etc

Clothes: Same old stuff, probably order a lot more stuff online though

Stereo Equipment (home): Still the same

Bed: 4 poster

Car 1(for getting around in): Cars are gay

Car 2 (For raggin about): Cars are gay

First house: Penthouse flat in Edinburgh

Second House: A country retreat somewhere

Food: El corte Ingles.....the spanish combination of debenhams and harrods

Toiletries: lush and benefit

Clothes: camden, paris and seattle bought......

Stereo Equipment (home): sony thing that was made especialy for my house with all the rooms sound proofed, and each with it's own individual sound system, but that are all interlinked.....

Bed: a nice king sized, with a metal frame, and drapes and stuff

Car 1(for getting around in): black scenic

Car 2 (For raggin about): vw campervan......so rockstaresque!

First house: nice villa, big villa in fuengirola

Second House:penthouse apartments in new york, camden, bristol, and and a little house in washington state.....and maybe a shared place in new orleanes with trent...
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    Food: El corte Ingles.....the spanish combination of debenhams and harrods

Oh man, i love El Corte Ingles... i bought my favourite tweezers ever there, but i lost them on holiday this year! :(
    What a bunch of weird things to think about if you were rich... but anyways, I'm bored so here goes...

Food: not really a necisity so I'd spend my wad elsewhere

Toiletries: Probably the same place I always buy it. It's fucking shampoo and shit for gods sake.

Clothes: Whatever floated my boat at the time. I wouldn't shop anywhere different but I'd be more inclined to buy more.

Stereo Equipment (home): Means shit to me but my dude could probably give you a novel about whats the best.

Bed: I can't even tell you the last time I"ve slept on a bed, so again, another thing not to worry about.

Car 1One that works. Nothing flashy. Maybe a lexus.

Car 2 I'm only one person, wouldn't need another car

First house: A 2 bedroom appt for me and my friend very near to lake shore and michigan ave. Ya know, same building as Opera or Sammy.

Second House: Again, I wouldn't need one.