Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Alien Vs Predator

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ive just watched it and i was shocked, what an absolutely terrible film, the way it was done, the story line e.t.c, it was all so poor.

most definately the worst film i have ever seen.

What do you think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rubbish, how can it be as good as the original sets if it's only a 12a/15/whatever it was that wasn't 18.
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Rubbish, how can it be as good as the original sets if it's only a 12a/15/whatever it was that wasn't 18.

read again deary :rolleyes:
    I actually thought it was alright. :lol:

But then it's not the usual type of film genre I go for so I can't compare it with much.
    I think it's the worst out of them all, (apart from Alien 3 that was utter tripe) but yet they knew it would be hard to blend the two sets of films, although it's to do with the original alien plot,

the film managed to make me work out alot of the alien / pred plot,

the alien ship in Alien (first one) was infact a predator ship,

but what confused me is that the cross breed alien/pred that burst from the predators gut, four hangs like a pred, but tongue like a alien, now i know in the games u get predaliens (cross breeds) but im not sure,
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    read again deary :rolleyes:

it was affirmation, rather than disagreement. How do I need to read again?
    See I never actually twigged on that it was about the films 'Alien' and 'Predator'. I've never even seen them. Oh how my friends mocked me.
    Hmm.... why don't they make Titanic vs. Armageddon? The spaceship crashes into an asteroid and little Leo dies in a big hole in the ground? I mean, that's how silly this movie sounds. I'd rather watch my toenails grow.
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    Hmm.... why don't they make Titanic vs. Armageddon? The spaceship crashes into an asteroid and little Leo dies in a big hole in the ground? I mean, that's how silly this movie sounds. I'd rather watch my toenails grow.

Alien Vs predator was made for this purpose, when Alien and predator was written they where written for the purpose of alien Vs predator,

eg the comics, it isn't two storys come together like Robocop Vs terminator, it's one story split apart
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Alien Vs predator was made for this purpose, when Alien and predator was written they where written for the purpose of alien Vs predator,

eg the comics, it isn't two storys come together like Robocop Vs terminator, it's one story split apart

Erm....... are you serious? Why the hell would somebody do this? It just doesn't make sense.....
    well it wasn't scary and I'm a wuss at films!
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    well it wasn't scary and I'm a wuss at films!

same.
    Average. Some of the action was good but there was fuck all story line and pretty plastic characters.
    A total turd of a film.

Yet again, Paul Anderson is handed a video game script, with the potential for some serious screen gold and what does he do...? Shag it up good and proper.

Tit.

Total lack of a good story, total lack of anything slightly approaching a good character, badly written, badly directed. It even manages to turn its flow of urine onto the original movies...i mean, the Aliens for example....werent they so much scarier in the original movies? At least they were threatening in them, in this...ive been more scared by blowing my nose. And the Predator...wow...this guy is one hardcore motherhumper...in the originals...(ok, arnie and danny glover managed to kill one a piece but they were dudes too.lol)...in this he comes off as a bad guy with a heart, which is obviously so out of character. He's supposed to be a ruthless hunter of anything and everything...honourable yet totally devoid of sympathy...all that crap with the "strong lead woman" ...the predator should not be part of a buddy movie really now should he?

I hope paul anderson is happy now, he can mount this up along aside resident evil 1 and 2...arse.

oh and to the person who said that this film helped them to figure out the story to the other films: The original ship in Alien was a predator ship? are you mad? *sigh*for a start it didnt look anything like their ships, and plus, what would the predator be doing on LV426? it was dead aside from that one ship at that time...oh and also, think about this, if it were a predator ship, how could the predator come to use the aliens as target practise if they had already been destroyed by them? In short, it wasnt a predator ship...
    The only link story wise is through that of "the company" and Lance Henrikson. In AvP, he plays the role of the guy who built up the company that is present throughout the whole Alien Trilogy (there is no fourth film as far as im concerned)...and also, thats why the Bishop androids look like him. Theres your link between them all, and that really is it..

..i get the feeling i dont like this film much...

Peace