Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Security

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ive just come back from Cardiff to find that my Southern Comfort was nicked while i was away by a group of pikeys who (arent students) went round the Halls making loadsa noise and my neighbor caught them in our flat and ordered them out (lucky they didnt kick off at her, there were quite a few of them).

Security came round about half hour later to come looking for them (apparently). This all happened on the Saturday night.

Now, given that we've had break ins at loads of halls in this area and that my flat mates (some not all) are so lacking in suss and ability to live on their own, that they leave the front door open and the kitchen window (i've put signs up to try and stop this), ive taken the metal bar outta my weights and put it under my bed.

Now im not a violent person (never been that into, or think id be that good at, fighting. My purpose in life is to drink tea :D ) but if i found a group of lads in my kitchen and i was outnumbered, i may not run in their with it, but i'd be carrying it when i went to tell them to get out. I wouldnt want it to come to that, but to be honest if i felt threatened by people who had invaded my flat i would not be worrying about a court appearance at that time.

im not a tony martin fan or anything, and i do think there is a thing such as excessive force and i would never pick up a knife or sharp object unless i was seconds away from being seriously injured or killed, like if i was being strangled or something. Hell i probably wouldnt be that surprised or morally outraged if i was charged with whatever for doing some lairy lad round the nut with a pole, but its just what i think i might do in that situation.

What do you people think about this, i need to hear some views?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Leaving doors and windows open is a plank thing to do. My halls have swipe card access to the block, and you can only get into your own block, which is nice, other halls have keypad access.
    I know its annoying m8, but you got to let it slide and work on the assumption that most people dont have the bollocks to walk in and blag some of your stuff. Putting up signs is not going to grab you any friends as a lot of people are doing the no parent freedom thing (kind of like being a teenager again).
    But tbh what was you doing leaving valuable bevies in your comunial kitchen???? If the random people didnt steal it you can bet your flat mates would have driunk some for you!

Bopz
    Putting up signs is not going to grab you any friends as a lot of people are doing the no parent freedom thing (kind of like being a teenager again).

it was suggested by other flatmates, i just put them up.

tbh if you cant leave stuff in the kitchen without your flatmates not nicking anything (which is fine as long as they tell you and offer to replace it) its a sad state of affairs.

oh and yeah, leaving doors and windows open is a fucking silly thing to do.