Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

girls all look the same

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My sister has ginger hair, well its more red then ginger, she doesn't really have freckles, but shes never had problems with people calling her ugly or anything, just the fact that she has ginger hair at school people used to take the mick, but now most the blokes she went to school with fancy her :rolleyes:
    i don't think ginger people are all ugly one of my friends has ginger hair and she is actually very attractive and alot of boys like her, but the fact that shes ginger its a shock to people that shes pretty, lol i thinks its strange :D
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    About Chris Evans though, Hes a funny guy, well off, probably nice enough, clever enough,

He's not funny though. He's annoying. An annoying ginger guy with massive black glasses :razz:

You say he's well off, well is that what it should boil down to?
    as though its unnatural and abhorrant to like somebody despite them not being beautiful to look at.
    He might have all those other great attributes

He might do, but seeing as he's a "celebrity" and we're never gonna get to meet him we'll never know what other qualities he has or hasn't got.

Also, seeing as he's a celebrity the point is their looks. Not much good filling the cast of Eastenders with Nobel prize winners or creating a boy-band outta ugly geeks who solved world hunger. What teenage girl is gonna wanna have a poster of one of them on their wall?
    as though its unnatural and abhorrant to like somebody despite them not being beautiful to look at.

Up until you're ready to settle down, it pretty much is. When you're at the kinda age when you do go about fancying celebrities, you can afford to be superficial.

Anyway, I think you're forgetting that alot of people can be smart, funny, charming, witty and beautiful at the same time: just look at me.
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Anyway, I think you're forgetting that alot of people can be smart, funny, charming, witty and beautiful at the same time: just look at me.

take away funny, charming, witty and beautiful and your probably right.
    Originally posted by jake0
    take away funny, charming, witty and beautiful and your probably right.

Jealous = yuo jake0
    *gone*
    Jealous = yuo jake0

jealous of what exactly? ;p
    Of how pretty i am :flirt:

ym LOL
    ym LOL

orly
    orly

rly
    rly

i fink ur lyin m8

Also, seeing as he's a celebrity the point is their looks. Not much good filling the cast of Eastenders with Nobel prize winners or creating a boy-band outta ugly geeks who solved world hunger. What teenage girl is gonna wanna have a poster of one of them on their wall?

Is that what it boils down to? wank fodder for teenagers? surely there is more to celebrity than that? what about talent, brains etc? Dont you think its wrong that it should be all about looks?
    Maybe boy bands etc would be better if they actually had some substance to them and werent just pin ups all from the same mould? Plenty of bands in the past were based on actual talent, some of them werent particularly attrac tive, but shock horror, it was about the music. The popstars having to look a certain way, no matter how talented they are is utterly killing music. You cant deny that surely.
    Yes you can be smart, funny, charming, witty and beautiful at the same time, Im sure you are, I dont do too badly myself either, but that doesnt make it right, and would people even notice our other talents if we didnt look good? No, It is REALLY superficial and I think thats worth challenging.
    anyway I wont reply anymore as im off to Glasgow for a few days.
    If I see someone utterly mindblowingly handsome in the street with such amazing style and dress sense the likes of which Ive never seen before, I`ll remember to say `hi keizo` before swooning and fainting with desire.:p
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Is that what it boils down to? wank fodder for teenagers? surely there is more to celebrity than that?

Nope o_O For boybands, soaps, teen-movie stars etc. it's about looks. I don't agree with it, but why should it be about anything else? That's what they're there for. It's sure as hell not for their talent, brains or whatever.

First person I can think of is Adam Sandler. He's sure as fuck not in it 'causa his looks, it's 'cause alot of people find him funny. When was the last time you seen a girl with an Adam Sandler poster on her wall because he was funny?
    Dont you think its wrong that it should be all about looks?

Not for the kinda people I mentioned 'cause that's all that's expected of them. The people with real talent don't do that kinda thing, yet they aren't thought of as pin-ups.
    Maybe boy bands etc would be better if they actually had some substance to them and werent just pin ups all from the same mould? /B]

That goes without saying. Daft wee girls (which let's face it, are the only ones that like pop music with the exception of Bri-Namite :razz:) don't like them for their talent. They like them 'cause they fancy the lead singer and all their friends do.
    Plenty of bands in the past were based on actual talent, some of them werent particularly attrac tive, but shock horror, it was about the music.

I know, give me a Led Zeppelin CD over a poster of Britney any day.
    The popstars having to look a certain way, no matter how talented they are is utterly killing music. You cant deny that surely.

I disagree. The only kind of music it's killing is pop music.

And good riddance to it.

ETA: I was jsut listening to Ian Brown a second ago. Great musician, fucking ugly cunt.
    and would people even notice our other talents if we didnt look good? No, It is REALLY superficial and I think thats worth challenging.

That's going back to my original point though. With me and alot of people I know, the kinda girls who try and follow every single latest fashion no matter how stupid they look, with blonde hair with tonsa streaks and are too thin etc. are the kinda girls we don't bother getting to know to see what other talents they have 'cause it's kinda apparent at first glance that common sense and intelligence isn't on their side.

So basically, by looking the way they do these girls are acheiving the opposite of what you said.
    If I see someone utterly mindblowingly handsome in the street with such amazing style and dress sense the likes of which Ive never seen before, I`ll remember to say `hi keizo` before swooning and fainting with desire.:p

I'll try to stay out of your road then. Don't want you getting hurt :razz:
    Originally posted by Kermit
    He does. Or he's superficial.

Some girls really suit the look, and they look good. That can't be denied, it really can't.

Sometimes I don't mind the look, providing it hasn't been overdone. Though I do tend to prefer a more willowy look, or a more studenty-hippy sort of style.

I do not lie. The simple fact is that the look just screams 'sheep', and in the 99.99% of girls who look like complete tarts, this also demonstrates they have zero apparent intelligence, otherwise they'd realise, this looks shit, it does not work for me.

I have never yet met someone who looks good, and even if they did this would still not really be a turn-on - the chances of her a) looking good and b) being capable of coherent logical argument are very small.

I prefer to go for someone who doesn't follow the crowd, doesn't want to look too stupid but is presentable too....

The funniest thing in the world is looking at people's prom/leavers dinner photos. There are very few who suit evening dress. The blokes all look like they've just had dinner with the Kray twins, and the girls just look diabolically forced. Then there's other girls who just look far too.... frumpy... in evening wear.
    What's wrong with subcultures? At the end of the day it's impossible to be truelly original...
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    same as what makes a colour nice, or appealing. just in reverse.

you must have thought to yourself at some point 'wow, that's a nice colour'. turn that sentiment around, and that's my hair.
    Of course. But that's why I don't like a colour. Other people like it. It needs more than one person disliking it to be ugly.
    You could have simply said "some of us dislike out hair colour" instead of what you did. You'd have avoided all this and used the correct phrase.
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    What's wrong with subcultures? At the end of the day it's impossible to be truelly original...

I don't want someone original. I want someone who's who they are, not just trying to follow trends or just be different cos it's the thing to do.
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    What's wrong with subcultures?

Sub-cultures are faggots who think they're being original but couldn't be any further from it.
    At the end of the day it's impossible to be truelly original...

Exactly, so why waste all that time trying when you just end up looking like a fanny?

Why is there this big thing over being original anyway? People go to some crazy lengths to look "original" when there's no need for it. Noone gives a shit if you trully acheive originality or not. It seems to be some status thing over kiddie-goths, moshers, 'alternative' etc. "Hey, I can be more original than YOU can, ergo I'm way cooler!". Get a grip, and get a life.

Why not just be youreslf?
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    It needs more than one person disliking it to be ugly.

I've already told you more than one person dislikes it. The vast majority of people don't like ginger hair.
    You could have simply said "some of us dislike out hair colour" instead of what you did. You'd have avoided all this and used the correct phrase.

Everyone else knew what she meant. The only reason all this wasn't avoided is 'cause you felt like being awkward.
    I've already told you more than one person dislikes it. The vast majority of people don't like ginger hair.
    First, if you haven't noticed, the "ginger" chapter was closed some time ago. Second, based on the answers here and my experience, I really doubt your "majority".
    I missed that...
    Everyone else knew what she meant. The only reason all this wasn't avoided is 'cause you felt like being awkward.
    Well, if "ugliness" means "personal disliking" to everyone else, sorry. And I wasn't trying to be awkward, I just saw a word which was (IMO) improperly used.
    First, if you haven't noticed, the "ginger" chapter was closed some time ago.

Uhh... no it wasn't. It's still ongoing from what rainbow brite last said before she left for Glasgow.
    Second, based on the answers here and my experience

Your experience? You didn't even know what ginger was a few pages ago and now you have experience in it?
    I really doubt your "majority".

Come over to Britain and that'll soon change. I would start up a poll, but I won't because I know I'm right anyway. Ginger people, like fat people, are the butt of jokes over here. When wa the last time you seen a ginger famous person that was considered pretty? Aisde from the previously mentioned Lindsay Lohan, because even she must dislike her natural hair colour to die it blonde.

Oh, and before you start trying to be a smart ass that bird from the X-Files and people with that colour hair don't count. That's more of an auburny colour.
    I missed that...

Well, if "ugliness" means "personal disliking" to everyone else, sorry.
    ug·ly
    adj. ug·li·er, ug·li·est

1. Displeasing to the eye; unsightly

Obviously it's going to be a personal disliking. Before you call someone ugly, do you usually conduct a survey, find out everyone's opinions and form your answer accordingly? I'll save you the bother of replying, 'cause you don't. It goes without saying ugly and beautiful are personal opinions and I can't believe you would waste my time by thinking otherwise.
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Proper red hair is hawt.

And that is the truth :yes:

Looks are just about always subjective. Personality counts for more than looks, at least to an extent (a shy pretty boy won't pull as much as an ugly confident one. Look at Mick Hucknall- ginger AND ugly, yet he pulls some quite high quality skuuurt).

Yadda. Yadda. Yadda.

Some people think I'm really good looking, some will think I'm an ugly cunt. If we were all the same, and all fancied the same stuff, we'd die out.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    (a shy pretty boy won't pull as much as an ugly confident one

It's quality, not quantity. An ugly confident guy might pull five girls every weekend, but how many of them are gonna be attractive, funny, and smart?

The amount of girls I've met that said they hate ugly guys that're over confident or full of themselves is untrue.
    Look at Mick Hucknall- ginger AND ugly, yet he pulls some quite high quality skuuurt).

That doesn't count. He's famous. If you're famous with money you're always gonna get nice looking girls, no matter what you look like.

Look at the amount of girls that fancy Eminem fs. Yeah, I'm sure they like him 'causa his looks :lol:
    Some people think I'm really good looking, some will think I'm an ugly cunt.

That kinda goes without saying, so what are you getting at?
    Of course. But that's why I don't like a colour. Other people like it. It needs more than one person disliking it to be ugly.

it's my hair. if i think it's an ugly colour, i'll dye it. i'm failing to see where anyone else not liking it comes into the equation.
    I wasn't trying to be awkward, I just saw a word which was (IMO) improperly used.

in my opinion it was properly used.
    Why would you want to be different from fashion but not from each other? Seems pretty half-assed to me.
    seems better than being the same as fashion, nobody wants to be totally different, they like to be accepted, so being accepted by a set of people who dont like the same people as you, is quite pleasant
    Sub-cultures are faggots who think they're being original but couldn't be any further from it.

Exactly, so why waste all that time trying when you just end up looking like a fanny?

erm i dress how i dress cause i feel comfortable in it, and apparantly they may not like the style its what suits me best and says a lot aobut my personality

anyone who dresses a certain style for any purpose other than you need to for the occasion ie going family do - looks like a fanny
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    seems better than being the same as fashion,

Who says you have to be one of the two? :confused:
    If you dress like all the other sk8rs then you are following fashion. It's not the mainstream fashion, but it's still fashion.
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    erm i dress how i dress cause i feel comfortable in it,

Uhh exactly, you dress how you dress 'cause you feel comfortable in it, not because you're trying in vain to be different.

Ergo, I wasn't talking about you.
    anyone who dresses a certain style for any purpose other than you need to for the occasion

Who does that? :confused: I dress trendy when going to a student club, slightly more rocky when going to a gig, sometimes go to a rave in full cyber gear, smarter when going for a meal/family event.