Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Blast from the past

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right.

When I was about 16, I had a sort of gay experience with another guy the same age. It was hardly anything, it was a kiss and a squeeze, nothing more, although he had to persuade me for ages to even do that. Anyway, afterwards we fell out and he started being a bastard, going about saying stuff that wasn't true, which I suppose happens at that age.

It wasn't a big deal at all in the grand scheme of things, I moved 100 miles away to uni the next year and it was pretty much forgotten. I didn't think I'd see him again.

But then today my mate comes in to work and says "Oh, I was talking to this guy last night who says he knows you from home", and he showed me him on his video phone and it was the guy I had that thing with when I was 16.

And apparently he's been saying that I groped him and hassled him and all the rest of it, which I know is bollocks. Seems like he's still an immature little scumfuck. But I'm just so scared all this gets out at work and stuff.

It's been so, so hard trying to get myself to be reasonably happy with myself and being around people who I really like and stuff, and now this shit comes up again. I'm absolutely petrified that people will just hear this bit of gossip and think badly of me or think I'm some kind of slapper, when I swear to God it just isn't true.

The guy from work says he won't say anything, but he's said that before and went back on his word. I suppose he's got power over me now, and I'm just so scared it'll fuck everything up.

I'm in such a state about this when I know I shouldn't be. I don't know what to do now, should I just sit tight and hope it goes away, or should I say something to my other mates at work about it, because it might sound better coming from me :confused:

Any help would be wicked.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's easy to say and hard to act, but it will only affect your life and your happiness if you let it.

Ignore it, ignore the rumours, and ignore the rabid genetic mutant who seems to want to spread it everywhere. It's the only advice there is.

Sadly, it's fucking hard to do that.

:(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Will it mess with your work, make people fall out with you? If not then just set him straight and then ignore him. Let people think what they like, it's their problem and not yours.