Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

another topic regarding m.a.p

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i just posted in another topic which reminded me...about 3 months ago i went to the doc for the m.a.p as i hadnt took my pill for weeks, i lied and told him i'd taken it 8 days ago thinking it wouldnt make a difference in receiving the m.a.p and to my surprise he just told me to take two of my contraceptive pills for two days. Thinking back i really should have questioned this, wrong of me to lie(i was ashamed sat asking for the m.a.p) but even if i'd told the truth it just doesnt seem a good contraception technique(not that he advised me to do it everytime i thought i needed to). ANyone ever heard of this before? He is a well trusted, established doctor at my surgery so i naturally trusted him but beginning to question it.

Ps i arent dumb sexually although i am guessing its probably coming across that way....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think that sounds like a dangerous thing to suggest,because if that was as effective as the MAP then I think all doctors would suggest it.
    Maybe it worked, or maybe you just wouldnt have got pregnant that time anyway, which I think is more likely.
    Re: another topic regarding m.a.p
    Originally posted by -Di-
    he just told me to take two of my contraceptive pills for
    Were you taking the progestogen only (mini) pill?
    Hmm, sounds weird to me. these FAQs might help:

Missing the combined pill

Missing the progestogen-only pill