Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Millwall: shut them down

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The genetic mutants that are Millwall supporters were at it again last night. Chanting about how all the LIverpool fans "should have died at Hillsborough", throwing things at children in the Liverpool end, making monkey noises every time a black Liverpool player touched the ball.

The chjairman's response?

"We didn't do nowt, mate".
Much as it was terrible to see Liverpool fans responding, one canmnot blame them. It's amazing how many clubs with little recent history of violence travel to the New Den and come away in a fight.

Millwall, as a club, should be shut down. The New Den should be pulled down, and they should be kicked out of the league.

Either the chairman condemns his vile racist fans, or his club is put out of business.

His choice.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The first bit of sense I've seen you post in the last week in the sport forum :p joking.

Yea. It is an absolute disgrace. It is also really dissapointing as Millwall were supposedly making great strides to rid themselves of their undesirable image. To chant about Hillsborough is nothing short of vile, never mind insensitive. Racist chants are totally unacceptable. Its the kind of thing you expect playing in Slovenia or somewhere, not on your own doorstep. Theo Paphitis (sp?) needs to take a long hard look at the club and take action. Liverpool beat them 3-0 anyway I think so that's one less competition you can hope to see them in.
  • Options
    MykeMyke Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    Kermit,

Please tell me, were you at the game, or do you believe everything you read in the papers? I was there. I am a Millwall season ticket holder who is every bit against hooliganism and racism in football.

Reading the papers after the Millwall v Liverpool game, people were made out to believe that there was mass chanting of Hilsborough songs. Admittedly, there were a small section of idiots near the away end making Hilsborough remarks but entire stands all joining in and singing about it? I don't think so. I've even read in one of yesterdays papers they we were all singing about Ken Bigley, Jamie Bulger and John Peel (Not mentioning the tribute to John Peel before the match). Its amazing how they are allowed to print this lazy journalism. The reporter even admitted he was not at the game.

I am making no excuses for the small group of idiots that were making these comments, but how does that justify a shutting a club down and kicking them out of the league?

As for disrespectful crowd chants, how about Liverpool singing about the Munich air disaster to Man U fans? Does that mean Liverpool should be kicked out of the league?

'addicted7 ' I'm guessing you are a Charlton fan, how do you feel about your fans singing 'The Wheels on the Bus' to Palace the other night? Taunting Palace fans about the fan who got run over by a bus. No I wasn't there, but I know a Charlton season ticket holder who was.

Millwall fans throwing things as Children? Where did you see that? Are you referring to the Liverpool fans knocking over someone in a wheelchair and destroying then throwing seats?

Djimi Traore was being booed by the majority of the crowd for making a bad challenge, the same as if a white player had made a bad challenge. I can't say I heard 'monkey chants' every time a black player touched the ball. Did you hear this? Honestly? I’m not naïve enough to believe racism does not happen at football grounds but sadly it happens in a small minority of people at a large number of clubs. Just last week, Cardiff City fans were singing to Millwall ‘Harold Shipman is our friend, he kills English’ and Liverpool (again) putting a slightly different twist on that at Man City ‘Harold Shipman is our Friend, he kills Mancs’?

As addicted7 rightly said, Millwall have done more than most clubs to help sort out the hooligan/racism problem, yet this is something that goes largely unnoticed by the press.

The Hilsborough comments were a disgrace, I agree but the response was also disgraceful. I’m not making any excuses for the people who made the comments, but like it or not (and I certainly don’t like or agree with it) taunting and winding up opposing fans is and always will be a part of football, and sadly the main part of football for a very small minority of fans. And that’s what it is, a small minority.

I guess my point is, unfortunate events happen all the time and at a large number of clubs. The difference is the press seem to enjoy ‘reporting’ on it more when it happens at The Den.

Genetic Mutant #6720
  • Options
    Millwall does seem to attract an above-average number of undesirables, despite the club's best efforts.

On the other hand, I think it is fair to say that the media will focus on any incident involving Millwall much more closely than other clubs.

Such chanting was disgraceful but unfortunately not unique. I'm sure Man U fans can tell of a number of clubs chanting about Munich, not just Millwall.

On the whole I'm not defending Millwall though. The club does seem to have taken some measures to remove twats, but clearly it has not been enough.
  • Options
    Liverpool are not exactly whiter than white, and they cop a share of the responsibility.

But every time we play Millwall our black players get booed, we get chants of "burn you fuckers, burn!", and THEN Theo Pathetic has the gall to claim that we racially abused your goalkeeper Warner, when we never did. Not even one of our kids did.

Sorry, but Millwall should have been shut down ten years ago, and it's high time they, and their sick chums at Cardiff, were booted out now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Sorry, but Millwall should have been shut down ten years ago, and it's high time they, and their sick chums at Cardiff, were booted out now.

Again you can't tarnish ALL fans with one brush. I support my home town team of Cardiff City and I am hardly a hooligan.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Again you can't tarnish ALL fans with one brush.

You can with Cardiff, Millwall and Man Utd scummers.