Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cheating!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How old are you?

If you're wanting to 'experiment' now then I think that kinda shows a lack of 'experimentation' before you tried to settle down with this guy. A year and a half is a long time and it does seem to be a bit of a make or break point. After a year and a half with my boyfriend, we ended it because we both felt restricted and like we wanted to see what was out there with other people, I think. Being together for so long just started to become a burden and I know I at any rate started feeling like 'ooh I really fancy that guy... but no no no I've got a boyfriend...' and it wasn't a fun feeling. I should have been feeling more like 'I fancy that guy but I want my boyfriend MORE and that's what matters'. But I wasn't feeling like that.

So we ended it before either of us ended up cheating. Neither of us had done much of the experimenting beforehand either and I think that meant we couldn't be sure we wanted each other more than we wanted to be single. So we were both single for 6 months, we both fooled around with other people... and then realised we'd been onto a good thing in the first place and got back together. I've never been happier, but I think without that break I would have carried on feeling the strain and not realised what a good deal I had going on with him.

So I totally know where you're coming from but cheating is NOT the answer and I think now you've cheated the damage is already done. I'm not trying to criticise it because I know it's easy to make mistakes BUT I think the fact that you actually went through with the cheating probably shows you need to be properly single, at least for a while. It's up to you whether you tell him or not, but I don't think you can say you love him and keep up this serious relationship with him when you've got something like that on your chest.

'I can't imagine life without him' isn't a reason to stay with him, either. Of course you can't, he's been in your life for a year and a half and the change would be a scary thing. But that doesn't mean you should stay in a relationship when you're secretly wishing you could be single agin.
  • Options
    Originally posted by aimz
    now im with sean (im back with him for those of you who know who im talkign about) and i have never cheated or wanted to on him... i love him too much, so sometimes people can change.

I hope that the two of you can make your relationship work. Good luck to you both.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    I hope that the two of you can make your relationship work. Good luck to you both.
    Thanks Danny
  • Options
    Next time you want advice, honey, don't start haranguing the people who don't give you the advice you want to hear.

If you cheat then something is not right in the relationship. Cheatingh is wrong in any relationship, and not keeping your knickers on is not a "mistake" it is a blatent disregard for your bf's feelings. It's stupidly simple, so don't come here and start expecting people to be all sympathetic to your cheating.

Oh, and if he doesn't know don't tell him. All you'd be doing is making yourself feel better by dumping the guilt on him instead.
  • Options
    *gone*