Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

she keeps drinking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my friend is less than 3 months pregnant(but probs more than 6 weeks_ but is still going out and drinking. twice last week and i suspect she is drinking tonight. I just feel so strongly about this but guess it all comes down to the standards you set yourself, thing is i hate the thought of her unborn child being put through this, i always imagine foetus's as babies so seem to think they may be scared etc, probably daft but still. I'd hate for her to miscarry, i just really feel for the baby. can't keep ramming my views in her face though, have just sent her a link about the effects, hope it helps her baby

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: she keeps drinking
    Originally posted by -Di-
    have just sent her a link about the effects, hope it helps her baby

good good. But links from thesite are of course the best ;)

Dealing with problems

Got a drinking problem?

Pregnancy and Alcohol

Healthy Pregnancy

Like you said you can't ram things down her throat and in the end she'll do what she wants to do. As long as you keep both you and her informed about what is safe and healthy there's not much more you can do.
    This is serious. Is there anyone in her family she would listen to?
    I think you cant be the one to nag here. Its not your job. Its a shame, but you need to take a step back here, because nagging her wont stop her drinking, it will just stop her telling you about it.
    I dont think yoiu should come across as judgemental to here, even if inside, you do feel judgemental (as most people would in this situation) The chances are, her baby will be fine, but shes going to need to cut down on the drinking obviously, but its up to her to do it. Theres no harm in having the odd drink when youre pregnant, but drinking several units in a binge, a few times a week, isnt healthy for her or her baby. She does know this,so Im wondering who she is rebelling against?
    Did she want to get pregnant?
    Re: Re: she keeps drinking
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    good good. But links from thesite are of course the best ;)

Dealing with problems

Got a drinking problem?

Pregnancy and Alcohol

Healthy Pregnancy

Like you said you can't ram things down her throat and in the end she'll do what she wants to do. As long as you keep both you and her informed about what is safe and healthy there's not much more you can do.

you really are a supastar!!

show these articles to your friend - they might shock her into being sensible. It sounds thoughlike she hasn't come to terms with the fact she is going to be a mum and is in denial. Supporting her and making her aware that you'll still be her friend after she has the baby will help.
    :)
    Re: Re: Re: she keeps drinking
    Originally posted by spanner
    you really are a supastar!!

:blush: