Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

glandular fever and deadlines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive got glandular fever, i feel tired and week all the time and my eyes feel really hot and i keep sweating a lot. The problem id ive got so many deadlines for projects and cannot seem to do them. I keep forgetting what I have to do and I just fall asleep most of the time. Can someone give me tips on how to get better quivker. Any sort of medication or home remidies would be great thankyou.

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    maybe you could talk to them and explain the situation, they might be able to sort something out like an extension

:yes:

if you can get a doctor's note, which i'm sure you can for something like glandular fever, educational types will usually fall over themselves trying to help you out.
  • Options
    yeah its for uni...yeah i might email my tutor and explain the situation to her.
  • Options
    When I was doing my A-levels, I went to the doctors for something random and quickly mentioned that I had a cold for a while now etc and he wanted to send me to the hospital to get a blood check for glandular fever and write me a doctors note ASAP. Luckly it calmed down a few days later so it was ok but you will get a lot of help if you do have glandular fever.
    Go talk to your Tutor, thats what they are there for.

Bopz
  • Options
    You're not going to get better any faster by wearing yourself into the ground. If you've been properly diagnosed by your GP with a blood test then they will obviously have a record of it.

Phone your GP and speak to the receptionist and explain the situation. GPs have different ways of working and yours may write you what is called a private sick note (usually a charge for £10 but where I work the GPs waive the fee for those in full time education) without seeing you again or they may ask you to make an appointment. This sick not should be accepted by the university as concrete proof you cannot hit your deadlines.

I had glandular fever last year at Christmas and it sucks. Hope you begin to feel better soon. :)
  • Options
    The only way you can get better more quickly is by resting and making sure you take your tablets etc. Stressing might seem necessary but it's really not helping. Talk to your tutor and if necessary, get a doctor's note. I had glandular fever a year and a half ago, it's not nice, I know.
  • Options
    everyones has already given you good advice - get a doctors note+explain the situation to your tutors.
    I had glandular fever 2 xmases ago+i had exams and coursework for AS levels at the time. i know its easier said than done, but relax. dont think about them for a few day+then do abit at a time. dont push yourself too hard, but you may find once you get into it you may feel abit better. get somebody to help you, e.g. if its an essay, maybe they could type it up and you could just dictate to them - that way its your work, but you dont have to sit at a pc?? Just an idea!
    Try going for a few short walks a week aswell. fresh air will do you wonders - just make sure you wrap up warm!
    SBG
  • Options
    Get A Doctor's Note Immediatly.