Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help me please!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys

We're doing some articles about sex and communication and need some quotes for it. Just got a few questions here - if you could either post any replies below or drop me a PM I'd be eternally grateful! (You don't have to answer them all.)

1. You've met someone special and sex is on the cards. When is the best time and place to talk about stuff like contraception?

2. How do you feel about discussing contraception and sex in general? Tell us your most toe-curling moment, and how you handled it.

3. Who would you turn to for advice and info about sex and contraception, and why?

Cheers y'all x

PS - there are some in the relationships forum too...

Comments

• Options
    1 - the best time is when you have plenty of it. when you know you arent going to be interrupted+there are no distractions. Also, not when you're drunk!

2 - i feel fine about discussing sex+contraception with friends and my b.f, but not with my family that i know of. i mean, ive never really had to talk about it with them. Most embarressing moment: when me+my mum were talking in the doctors surgery about teenage pregnancies and she suddnely comes out with "if you ever want to talk to me about sex, or if you want some condoms, pls come to me" not so embarressing had she just said it, but she shouted it :blush:

3 - id turn to my friends or maybe here! possibly not a family planning clinic - i was put off using them when i went in and the receptionist woulsnt make me an appointment with asking my whole sexual history infront of lots of other people in the queue!!!

SBG
  • Options
    Bump

Thank you for that... anyone else got some words of wisdom for me :D
  • Options
    Q1: You've met someone special and sex is on the cards. When is the best time and place to talk about stuff like contraception? ANSWER: It would take someone very special to get me talking about this. Of course, the best time would be BEFORE having sex.

Q2: How do you feel about discussing contraception and sex in general? Tell us your most toe-curling moment, and how you handled it. ANSWER: Very uncomfortable talking about this, which is why I don't. My most toe-curling moment was probably when I was asked about condoms in a Sex Education class. How I coped was running out of the classroom to hide my blushes.

Q3: Who would you turn to for advice and info about sex and contraception, and why? ANSWER: I could never bring myself to talk to anyone about that. If I want info, I use sources like books and the Internet. I'm too shy to be asking people in real life!

(Spanner: As for your questions in the Relationships forum, as much as I'd like to help out, my answers wouldn't be of much use as I've never been in a relationship before. Sorry.)
  • Options
    Re: Help me please!

1. You've met someone special and sex is on the cards. When is the best time and place to talk about stuff like contraception? --- Pretty straight foward me. If we want to sleep with each other. I'd assure him, I'm on the pill - Then he can assure me, he has a condom. If he doesn't, then nothing happens till he gets it. There is no best time and place. Ya just got to spit it out, obviously when both are on their own.

2. How do you feel about discussing contraception and sex in general? Tell us your most toe-curling moment, and how you handled it. --- I'm quite comfortable talking about sex to anyone, except male members of my family. Most embarrassing moment was when the doctor asked if there was any chance I could pregnant when I was just 15 infront of my mum. I explained it would be a miracle if I was pregnant as I was still a virgin then. But the doc still insisted in me doing a pregnancy test. The bloody talks my mam insisted in giving me that day on our way home.

3. Who would you turn to for advice and info about sex and contraception, and why?

My friends and on here to be honest. Defintely recieved most of my knowlegde from here though. Cause even though me and my mates are quite open minded about sex, etc. There is still some things we'd rather avoid and not wanna get into details with each other. haha And I don't like talking to random strangers, face-to-face about me problems or whatever advice I am in need of. Sooo much easier chatting to people, you know you'll never meet, etc.
  • Options
    Q1)....Before sex! Would simply ask if they had anything on them, if the answer is no then my answer is put your pants back on then!

Q2)....Not fussed about discussing sex with any of my friends etc, only person that it makes me cringe with is my dad! The other day i asked if i could stay the night at my boyfriends house which was followed by my dad giving me a big talk which began "at some point in your life your going to decide to become sexually active" i nearly died!! If only he knew the half of it!!!

Q3)...Internet and friends mostly although if i was in a big crisis (such as being pregnant) id go a family planning clinic or somthing!