Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Literature review

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
What is it and how do I do one?
For my reasearch assignment I am researching eating disorders and their dangers.
But I need a literature review. I have no idea what i'm ment to be writing.
Lil help here...

Thank you muchly
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Read lots of books on the subject and find out what has been said about it before. Sum it up, explain any opposing arguments.

We are told to read 40 - 60 books, although you don't have to read them cover to cover, maybe just the introduction.

Don't your teachers tell you this?
  • Options
    So because I'm researching about ED's I should worte a summary of what an eating disorder is and say where it came from?

Oh and I missed the lesson and she rushed the explanation in the next lesson.

She will say things in such a way that the simplest thing will become the most confusing thing ever
  • Options
    I think you'll need to write a summary of what an eating disorder is firstly. Next, elaborate on possible reasons for eating disorders. You don't need to go into too much detail. I would suggest you speak to your lecturer about this for reasons of clarification. (and while you're at it, maybe you could remove the vindictive signature?)
  • Options
    Yeah, a lit review is kinda like an introduction to your project. You need to introduce each of the areas you are looking at (e.g. starting with definitions etc), then you need to present the past and current research, maybe saying how things have developed - and then try to lead into why you chose to do a study on that area. You should try to get quite a few references to research, although it is more important to explain the relevance of each one rather than just shove them in, so it's sometimes better to just concentrate on the major influential studies.
  • Options
    Zella, try asking the person who'll be marking you.

Sometimes Teachers work off a marking sheet and have a list ofpoints to tick off when marking your work, when I did GCSE IT our teacher gave us a copy of the sheet to show us what they look for when marking .. I followed it to the letter and got 100% on all my projects!!

If you guess what you think they're looking for you may Guess wrong and waste your time and get a crap grade too!!

We can only tell you what we think it might mean but your teacher might think something totally different!! And they're the one marking you.