Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Falling in love

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'd really like to fall in love!!! Maybe it's a bit because i got over (i think) an unrealised 2 year crush on a girl from my class. I want to be able to like girls that are not her. The stupidest question ever asked, to which i know you can't give me an answer: How do i fall in love?

At least give me some advice... I'm the type who has to really like the girl (and i have to stress: her personality) in order to snog her or think about falling in love with her.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That is a good attitude to have with women. At least you treat them like a real person. But there is no quick recipe to fall in love. If you are really taking the time to get to know a girl and she is doing the same with you it can help to build the relationship. Especially if you have things in common it can create a stronger bond. And that bond may eventually turn into something else if you have the special connecton that can lead to genuine love. You're probably going to want to know how love feels. Honestly I don't know since it hasn't happened to me yet. But this a few of the things I have observed with people I know who have fallen in love. But you shouldn't worry. You're still young and have time to find the right person. When it happens you will know. Love is great when it catches you and the girl feels the same way. Not so great if you are the one in love and she isn't. And that does happen. But don't let me get you down. Love is still out there and sometimes it will find you when you least expect it.
    I like your style. I would absolutely love to meet a woman and fall completely in love with her too! The question you asked was "How do I fall in love?" Answer: I haven't the faintest idea, but I know it's not something you can force yourself to do. As for your statement "I'm the type who has to really like the girl (and i have to stress: her personality) in order to snog her or think about falling in love with her.", brilliant. You keep thinking that, you'll have a girlfriend very soon! Good luck to you.
    Originally posted by Pan_chan_boo
    go out and meet people! its the only way your gona find someone to fall in love with. Being in love is fantasic, but it has its downfalls, id defo say that the good out weighs the bad though... thats how i found my guy, and i really am in love with him, just hope he really does feel the same. :)

Sounds like good solid advice for anyone. I hope you and your boyfriend are happy together.
    theres no set plan, and theres no one magical person, you could fall in love with anyone, you cant make it happen anyway-i suppose it just comes up in unlikely times and places. just go with the flow, dont be desperate and someone will come along :)
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    theres no set plan, and theres no one magical person, you could fall in love with anyone, you cant make it happen anyway-i suppose it just comes up in unlikely times and places. just go with the flow, dont be desperate and someone will come along :)

I think you summed it up better than me.:thumb: I tend to be long winded
    Originally posted by Char_Baby

Nah, i'm not desperate anymore, it's just that i miss the feeling of being in love with someone, miss the adrenaline rushes and stuff like that. The biggest problem for me is meeting girls. Not because i'm extremely shy, or ugly or anything, it's just that i fall in love primarely with their personalities. That's what's really important for me. And you can't do that in a club, where you get to talk to someone for an hour or two. How do i get in a situation where i get to talk to a girl for long enough, but not become friends. There you go... If you can understand anything i've just said...:eek:

thanx for listening, everyone :)
    ....and dont for god sake get caught in a horrible little situation that psychologists like to call, self-projection, or mirror projection. This is where you look at the persons qualaties that they have in common with you, a similar taste in music or something, look at it all and accept that she may not like to read, or does and you dont, or she hates your favourite food, otherwise the relationship is doomed to fail. Thats y 99% of relationships formed when people are teenagers, especially with christians, end, or end in divorce with christians. Im singling out christians because they do this self projecting thing, "fall in love" (with themselves essentially) then get married because they can't shag til they do, its all sexual frustration they will usually end in divorce, or murder or something.
    ...or murder or something.

Uhm.... let's not overreact, shall we? :)

Nah, it's really really not sexual tension, because i don't want to just shag her. But, i understand that what you've said is a great piece of advice, and i agree with you.

I tend to see her good sides that i *don't* have, or at least not all the time, like being really positive about everything, chatty, really cute, smiling all the time, so full of energy. I do get like that sometimes, but she's like it all the time, and that's one of the things i like about her. But now she's just an ex crush. I never got into a relationship with her, other than the friendly one :)
    sorry man had a mega party yesterday, still a bit dazed, not really sure what im talking about
    dont fall in love it just ends in tears.
    Originally posted by Super-human

Oh, I don't care! I want someone to occupy my mind!
    I'm in a kind of love crisis :) Not quite wanting to BE loved, but to love. Isn't that wicked?
    sorry man had a mega party yesterday, still a bit dazed, not really sure what im talking about
    Don't worry, i had a few posts here after a party that lasted 'till 8am, and i was quite amased at what i wrote... :D
    im just back from another party, thats the forth one in a row, and i also spent a whole day with my gf, worked for 12 hours, and went to 2 different gigs since thursday. So i'm pretty frazzled as u can imagine :D
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    im just back from another party, thats the forth one in a row, and i also spent a whole day with my gf, worked for 12 hours, and went to 2 different gigs since thursday. So i'm pretty frazzled as u can imagine :D

Man give me some of your energy. Maybe it will get me through my shift this evening.
    i would but im 90% dead after that, all in the name of rock n roll of course
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Super-human

It doesnt have to end in tears though. Just because it may've done for you in the past doesn't necessarily mean that it will for nmrmak (or you) in the future.
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    It doesnt have to end in tears though. Just because it may've done for you in the past doesn't necessarily mean that it will for nmrmak (or you) in the future.

:yes:

Super-human...I used to be like you...up until, well, Thursday night actually. Love can hurt...a lot...and I hated it...and I was scared of it, and I never wanted it to happen to me ever again. I banned my boyfriend from falling in love with me, and I banned myself from falling in love with him. But mih. I don't care anymore.

Everyone remember this one small thing: Falling in love is fun.

I forgot how much fun it was until Thursday hehe :D
    I second that :yes:
    Everyone remember this one small thing: Falling in love is fun.
    All i want is to have fun again!:D
    Good for you :)