Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Happy drugs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So your feeling really down and depressed...what drugs can get you ecstatically happy for a while?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Happy drugs?
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    So your feeling really down and depressed...what drugs can get you ecstatically happy for a while?
    none of the illegal ones.
    seriously.
    if you have problems and or fears ...drugs will not help you escape ...they will do exactly the opposite and make you dwell upon and magnify all that is bad within you and without you ...to the point of fear.
    unless of course you want to take heroin ...problem free ...comfortably numb but ...a whole host of bigger problems will be started up that will make your current blues seem like a bright sunny day.
    no its ok no herion for me....

i dunno what i want i guess something that will like make me forget shit stuff for a while...make me sleep, giggly or something better than this :(
    People who just use drugs as a way to escape reality annoy me.

Its just running away from their problems, if theres something wrong you need to sort out the problem whilst having a clear head.
    You can't use drugs if your running away from problems in your life, it'll just fuck them up even more.

But you could smoke some good green and relax. :confused:
    Originally posted by Shogun

But you could smoke some good green and relax. :confused:

blow can be really head wrecking sometimes
    Originally posted by turlough

Whenever you don't have any you mean.

No seriously i know but good green is nice.
    Originally posted by turlough
    too right mate!
    if something is bothering you to the point of turning to drink or drugs ...turn to drink ...at least in the short term it will help you escape ....
    weed ...oh my god i can't imagine having serious bothers and hoping a smoke will help me escape them ...oh lordy no!
    i've found that out over the last 6 months, smoking green really was making me worse , so now i drink heavily, that will take its toll though, soon i should be back to the happy days of smoking, i cant wait to be honest
    i have got to admit that i have been using Codeine to relax recently, although it does have addiction potential and you build up tolerance very quickly, which means that its effect with the same dose will diminish over a period of time (only prolonged abstinence will redress this balance).

To be honest, if their was a magic stress free happy pill (no, E makes you UNhappy as well), we'd all be on them! Drastically mood altering chemicals tend to come with a down side, and so arent really the answer.

If you wanna lift your mood, try thinking of something (night out whatever) that you'd really enjoy and get out and do it. There is also alot of evidence to suggest that regular excercise improves mood
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    If you wanna lift your mood, try thinking of something (night out whatever) that you'd really enjoy and get out and do it. There is also alot of evidence to suggest that regular excercise improves mood

:yes:

We've got a good article about this here. Of course taking drugs may make you happy for a short period of time, but everyone's gotta come down again - and if you were unhappy before, you're sure not gonna feel better afterwards. Better to tackle whatever it is that's making you unhappy long term rather than short term - it's harder to do but will be worth it.

If you need some help/advice about how to do this try one of these:

Depression Alliance
    Charity offering information and self-help groups.
    Telephone: 0845 123 23 20; www.depall.org
    The helpline is charged at a local rate and will automatically put you through to your nearest office.

Careline
    Telephone counselling service for children, young people and adults on any issue, including relationships, depression, mental health, child abuse, bullying, rape and sexual assault, domestic violence, addictions, stress etc.
    Telephone: 020 8875 0500
    www.careline.org.uk

:)
    I say smoke weed makes you chilled and happy takes your mind
    off things cant emagine ever stopping, i started smoking it when i had a g-f ended loosing interest in her she made me choose between her & the weed. sorry just changed the subject there.
    As a hallucinogen though cannabis really shouldnt be used by those with existing mental health concerns.
    could just fuck you up completly.
    I say smoke weed makes you chilled and happy takes your mind
    could just fuck you up completly.

Charly, i knew someone who started smoking weed after the breakup of his girlfreind (but also following this, experienced the sad death of one of his best freinds). He (we) we're 16, got nothing done and yeah we had a good time for a year. Then (combined with other things) my brain started giving me jip so i just stopped.

About a year later i heard all he does is just sit in his room getting stoned. Never goes out, or has any of his freinds anymore.

He's still there.

About four-five years ago, when the whole legalise cannabis thing was in proper full swing, we were the generation of teens who were being exposed to that message.

What was not made promenant at the time however, was the ever increasing evidence to suggest memory problems and links to exaccerbating mental health problems.

All we ever heard was; 'its no worse than alcohol' which is an utterly useless arguement, as all drugs need to be considered in isolation from one another. Comparatives between substances is silly, 'thats worse than that, so i'll take that'

Im really going off on one here, but in context, no i do not think that cannabis is going to be very helpful or effective in relieving stress. It might be a laugh with your mates, but i only smoke now (very rarely) when i'm NOT stressed or studying.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    As a hallucinogen though cannabis really shouldnt be used by those with existing mental health concerns.

Wacha mean by that bong? You know so much ;)

About four-five years ago, when the whole legalise cannabis thing was in proper full swing, we were the generation of teens who were being exposed to that message.

you mean my generation 30 years ago when there was an explosion of magazines films music about weed surely?
    Originally posted by my_name
    Wacha mean by that bong? You know so much ;)

I mean cannabis is classed as a hallucinogen, same technically as LSD or mushrooms.

Or to put it more finely THC one of the active ingredients in cannabis is classed as a hallucinogen.

CBD is also in cannabis, this makes you feel slow, tired and gives you the 'stonned' feel that strong weed normally has. This is a narcotic.

There are so many active chemicals in cannabis its a tough one to put into a box with other drugs.

However, it can definately exacerbate mental health problems.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I mean cannabis is classed as a hallucinogen, same technically as LSD or mushrooms.

Or to put it more finely THC one of the active ingredients in cannabis is classed as a hallucinogen.

CBD is also in cannabis, this makes you feel slow, tired and gives you the 'stonned' feel that strong weed normally has. This is a narcotic.

There are so many active chemicals in cannabis its a tough one to put into a box with other drugs.

However, it can definately exacerbate mental health problems.

Thats cool, I kinda ment like why hals and/or weed should not be used by those with existing mental health condidtions.
    Because people smoke alot of weed and it fucks with their head.

People already with mental problems smoking alot of weed fucks with their head even more. Leads to problems.
    I know one of my friends was in a mental house for drug and addiction, he smoked alot of dope and took alot of pills, but maybe he was already fucked up in the head. I dunno, but these days he's a wierdo.
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Because people smoke alot of weed and it fucks with their head.

People already with mental problems smoking alot of weed fucks with their head even more. Leads to problems.
    I know one of my friends was in a mental house for drug and addiction, he smoked alot of dope and took alot of pills, but maybe he was already fucked up in the head. I dunno, but these days he's a wierdo.

weirdo's not the word for him.
    Is it just like a some people with mental issues and chronic use don't go good together, or is it like a most people with mental issues and chronic drug use don't go good together
    I dunno but i'd say if you've got mental health problems, serious ones, then it wouldn't be such a good idea to smoke chronic amounts of weed, it'd probably fuck your head up completly.
    I dunno, i can't really say fortunately.
    Talk to dave oliver on here, he was talking on this last night about mental health problems and he used to take drugs excessivly.
    Originally posted by my_name
    Is it just like a some people with mental issues and chronic use don't go good together, or is it like a most people with mental issues and chronic drug use don't go good together

i dunno but it's better safe than sorry, mental health is like a twig, once it snaps, there's no repairin it, well not in the short term anyway.
    my_name; There is no definate answer to your question.

Mental health issues are so varied and unpredictable.

I would suggest however that anyone with an existing mental health concern should really avoid strong hallucinogens full stop and should only smoke cannabis occasionally if at all.
    Morrocan Roll
    you mean my generation 30 years ago when there was an explosion of magazines films music about weed surely?

no i meant what i said. im not stating that this didnt happen before then, and that it wont happen again.

What i am stating is that this cultural explosions and elevation of the prestige off marijuana use, and its elevation into the mainstream of public debate (where is was consistently in the papers, on the news and everywhere else).

Im sure your generation felt this way at some point, but we (by that i mean a large number of people at school and college believed that dope was completely and utterly harmless in all possible contexts.

so no i mean my generation
    About four-five years ago, when the whole legalise cannabis thing was in proper full swing, we were a generation of teens who were being exposed to that message.

apart from editing 'were the generation' to 'were a generation' i completely stand by that statement
    Morrocan Roll

no i meant what i said. im not stating that this didnt happen before then, and that it wont happen again.

What i am stating is that this cultural explosions and elevation of the prestige off marijuana use, and its elevation into the mainstream of public debate (where is was consistently in the papers, on the news and everywhere else).

Im sure your generation felt this way at some point, but we (by that i mean a large number of people at school and college believed that dope was completely and utterly harmless in all possible contexts.

so no i mean my generation

apart from editing 'were the generation' to 'were a generation' i completely stand by that statement

I sort of agree with you, partly anyway...we're a generation of people exposed to a popular culture where dope is seen to be acceptable & in fashion.
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    I sort of agree with you, partly anyway...we're a generation of people exposed to a popular culture where dope is seen to be acceptable & in fashion.

I'm not sure its actually cannabis per say, it is a culture where intoxication is the norm, where the persuit of intoxication is an entirely acceptable ida.
    to be honest, i have to say that when i haven't been smoking i've felt worse. but thats just me, and i'm abnormal and don't apply as the average.

but to be honest the best way of dealing with it is head on. you CANNOT escape it. trust me, i've done the self harm thing, the smoking till you fall asleep everyday, abstaining from everything and just meditating-i STRONGLY DO NOT recomend this, it can severly fuck you up and put you in hospital- oding. and none of it works. the drinking is really shit as well.

if your down then get out, go for walks, get a dog or if you have one take it for more walks, try and get a hobbie. but don't avoid it . talk about it.

but if you do smoke, don't smoke hash, smoke green. hash can really fuck you up. both can really, but i don't like hash because it can be much more potent.

pm me if you want
    but if you do smoke, don't smoke hash, smoke green. hash can really fuck you up. both can really, but i don't like hash because it can be much more potent

i really appreciate what you are saying, i had a bit of a drug habit that placed my brain half way up my rectum for about 2 years.

I dont even prentend to begin to understand your situation, but i would say that our situations are illustrations of what CAN happen rather than what WILL happen.

I remember when i went to my doctor about my mental state and drug use. Saw about three different doctors in the surgery and they all said that they dont see a week go by without some late teens/early 20's person come in with some form of mental health complaint, which exists in parralell with a long standing weed habit.

Im not presenting what WILL happen, just what CAN and HAS happened in my own very small sphere of experience.
    but to be honest the best way of dealing with it is head on

:yes: very true for many situations