Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cannabis cafes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
pretty much everyone ive spoken to has been shocked that i live in a town that has a cannabis cafe (i got to it quite regularly)

Do cannabis cafes exist anywhere else in uk? (im not asking as to where they are)

there cant be many of them, if at all anymore, the one i go to has been open for about a year, the police has visited it a couple of times but havnt done anything, in fact the police havnt gone near it in about 8 months, which is curious.

do they exist anywhere else in the uk?
or am i just a lucky sod to live where i live? ;p

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Cannabis cafes
    Originally posted by jake0
    pretty much everyone ive spoken to has been shocked that i live in a town that has a cannabis cafe (i got to it quite regularly)

Do cannabis cafes exist anywhere else in uk? (im not asking as to where they are)

there cant be many of them, if at all anymore, the one i go to has been open for about a year, the police has visited it a couple of times but havnt done anything, in fact the police havnt gone near it in about 8 months, which is curious.

do they exist anywhere else in the uk?
    or am i just a lucky sod to live where i live? ;p

seriously, lucky c*nt, is it advertised and all or is it just a house where tokers go for a smoke and a coffee.
    Their are places in London which aren't officially cannabis cafes but everyone in their smokes anyway and you'll get no hassle.
    i'd love a canabis cafe only ever seen them in amsterdam that was good.
    I know there are a few of them, and there are probably a few unofficial ones operating with the police knowledge.

Its a very murky situation, I certainly wouldnt want to run one, I cant see how you're not breaking the law.
    there are certain pubs i know where the owner wouldn't mind you havin a toke but no cafes.
    Re: Re: Cannabis cafes
    Originally posted by turlough
    seriously, lucky c*nt, is it advertised and all or is it just a house where tokers go for a smoke and a coffee.

well its hard to explain, its properly done and stuff but they dont advertise, its all done on word of mouth.

Basically its a big room above a garage, and to get in you have to go through two big wooden doors, and when one door is open the other is always closed.

there is a bar area that serves tea, coffee, coke, sweets, papers, e.t.c those kinds of things.

theres lots of tables and chairs for people to sit on, plus theres this like raised platform where there is loads of cushions so you can go up on the platform to smoke and be comfortable.

Theres also a big projector that projects either an X box, or a gamecube onto a wall, and when you're playing its amazing, the image of the game is projected onto the wall and its soo big!, plus theres loads of sofas and stuff you can sit on. Plus theres always music being pumped out

theres also a few pc's that have access to the internet on them.

yes they do sell there, they always have at least one person with a big bag of weed going around the cafe selling to people, and the cuts are quite good!.

all in all its a excellent place to go, really nice atmosphere and the staff are really friendly.

You do have to be 18 to get into it though, (im 18) which is probably a very good thing.
    I remember a story this year where an official cafe was opened, but it was closed down pretty quick by the police.
    Re: Re: Re: Cannabis cafes
    well its hard to explain, its properly done and stuff but they dont advertise, its all done on word of mouth.

Basically its a big room above a garage, and to get in you have to go through two big wooden doors, and when one door is open the other is always closed.

there is a bar area that serves tea, coffee, coke, sweets, papers, e.t.c those kinds of things.

theres lots of tables and chairs for people to sit on, plus theres this like raised platform where there is loads of cushions so you can go up on the platform to smoke and be comfortable.

Theres also a big projector that projects either an X box, or a gamecube onto a wall, and when you're playing its amazing, the image of the game is projected onto the wall and its soo big!, plus theres loads of sofas and stuff you can sit on. Plus theres always music being pumped out

theres also a few pc's that have access to the internet on them.

yes they do sell there, they always have at least one person with a big bag of weed going around the cafe selling to people, and the cuts are quite good!.

all in all its a excellent place to go, really nice atmosphere and the staff are really friendly.

You do have to be 18 to get into it though, (im 18) which is probably a very good thing.

That sounds amazing
    Originally posted by dolly dagger
    I remember a story this year where an official cafe was opened, but it was closed down pretty quick by the police.

yeah, that was in the town i live in, there used to be two cafes, but now theres only one.

the reason the other one got shut down is because it was too "public" if that makes sense, plus it was in a bad area of the town and there was loads of crime in that area and they just blamed the cannabis cafe for the reason why there was so much crime, yet again, misinformation there.
    im really sorry but i wouldnt give that place until the end of the year.
    I sure as hell wouldnt sell in that enviroment. But then selling puff is a mugs game unless you're shifting kilos theres just no profit at all.
    Its the cafe themselves that sell, not random people off the street.

they employ people to go around selling bud for them,, i dont think just any random joe can walk in there and sell.

And the police has visited it at least twice before but havnt done anything, its been open for at least two years so i dont see it being closed anytime soon
    Well I know, which makes it even worse if it ever came to court.

Not only have you got the person selling potentially getting busted but the cafe as well. If they rent then the person who owns it is breaking the law too.

And if they own it then the police could take it because its being used to break the law.

It sounds like a good place, but the law isnt ready for it yet.
    It sounds like a good place, but the law isnt ready for it yet.
    :yes:

house of cards...or house of papers, whatever, it sounds lovely BUT is soo living on borrowed time, however much that maybe.

Oh yeah and i retract the statement about it not lasting until the end of the year (to be honest i wouldnt have any basis for that) but i do feel it is living on borrowed time...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    There was one in Bournemouth but the gavers closed it down and locked up the owner.
    Weekender Offender 
    There was one in Bournemouth but the gavers closed it down and locked up the owner.

:yes:

you ever been to Camel bar? the one with all the Shisha pipes?
    ever been tempted to season the mix a little? :naughty:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    you ever been to Camel bar? the one with all the Shisha pipes?
    ever been tempted to season the mix a little? :naughty:

No. Where's that then?
    Weekender Offender 
    Where in the UK do you live jake?
    theres a cannabis cafe in Rhyl north wales.
    they supply top grade skunk for medical use ...for free!
    no smoking on the premises.
    you need three forms of I.D and a letter from your doctor saying he/she agrees with you using cannabis medicaly.
    the police never ever bother the place.
    the guy who runs it lives a five minute drive from me.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

you need three forms of I.D and a letter from your doctor saying he/she agrees with you using cannabis medicaly.

so have you been to the doctors lately then?
    so have you been to the doctors lately then?
    yeah right mate!
    it runs that well this thing that i am convinced he has medical council backing.
    the government did say they would be investigating medical marijuana ...i think this is one case of it.
    yeah right mate!
    it runs that well this thing that i am convinced he has medical council backing.
    the government did say they would be investigating medical marijuana ...i think this is one case of it.

must be a trial thingy, would u need to have severe arthiritis or something to get the stuff.
    must be a trial thingy, would u need to have severe arthiritis or something to get the stuff.
    severe pain of any kind ...loss of appetite due to whatever disease ...glucoma ...spina wotsit ...in some cases depression.
    many things.
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Where in the UK do you live jake?

in a lovely quiet seaside town near brighton
    in a lovely quiet seaside town near brighton

Lucky fucker.

Mroll, thats fucking mad..top grade skunk for free.
    Are you actually receiving cannabis then Rolly?

Hmm, that poses an interesting legal questions given the schedule that cannabis is under.
    No. Where's that then?

i'll get the road name from my mate and PM you
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Are you actually receiving cannabis then Rolly?

Hmm, that poses an interesting legal questions given the schedule that cannabis is under.
    no i don.t get any.
    i've never been in the place to be honest.
    as i said ...no one smokes on the premises ...itis not a place for stoners ...your doctor has to wright a letter of recomendation.
    i don't know but i am mostly convinced that the medical council must be giving this guy their backing ...and therefore the government.
    no i don.t get any.
    i've never been in the place to be honest.
    as i said ...no one smokes on the premises ...itis not a place for stoners ...your doctor has to wright a letter of recomendation.
    i don't know but i am mostly convinced that the medical council must be giving this guy their backing ...and therefore the government.

there's bound to be loads of long haireds hippies at that place saying "dude, i'm in dire need of some weed man"

of course being kicked out on their arses