Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's wrong?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep on having really bad attitude problems, like I was talking to my mate on msn just now and i flipped really bad at him, I didn't realise I was doing it, it just came out. It's really worrying me, another example is that my boyfriend asked me to this party and it was local so my parents could pick me up after and they said we don't know we'll have to think about it, i had told them all the details and they still said we don't know, So i went up stairs and was slamming my wardrobe doors around and slamming my bedroom door shut. I just totally flipped.

What could be wrong with me? please don't say it's hormones because it isn't.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    how old are you? could be teenage mood swings, pms or there could be something thats really pissing you off elsewhere that your not addressing
    I'm 15 and it isn't teenage mood swings or anything like that. I've seen teenage mood swings in my mates lol.
    Your 15. Nuff said. ALL 15 year olds have attitudes on them. Not time of the month is it?
    Originally posted by ice-babe
    I'm 15 and it isn't teenage mood swings or anything like that. I've seen teenage mood swings in my mates lol.

Hunny, I can bet my teeth on it. How ever stroppy you are now, I was much worse. I had sisters to compete with. Nuff siad. Ride it out, things will calm down as you get older I promice.
    maybe you need to do an anger management course. Its good youve realised that its a problem, maybe you could get your parents to help you deal with it. Rewarding yourself periodically for keeping your temper under control, kind of like a star chart for adults, but youre doing it yourself. Theres a lot of reasons to make it work, because you cant go through life flipping out at people - it stops people taking you seriously, which is a bit of a vicious circle, because then youll feel even more frustrated at them.
    It probably is partly to do with natural fluctuations in hormones, whether you realise it or not, but its probably also learned behaviour and youre perfectly capable of stopping it. Youve said you want to change, so youre already part of the way there.
    No matter what you say, it is most probably hormones and teenage mood swings. Sorry but they're a fact of life when you're that age.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    No matter what you say, it is most probably hormones and teenage mood swings. Sorry but they're a fact of life when you're that age.
    that might be the CAUSE of it, but that doesnt mean she cant do anything about it. Teenagers dont HAVE to act that way.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    that might be the CAUSE of it, but that doesnt mean she cant do anything about it. Teenagers dont HAVE to act that way.

Yes, I know, but she didn't ask what she could do she asked what could be wrong. I personally don't think, from the two incidents described, that there is anything wrong with her per se.