Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Agencies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right OK, basically I came accross a job I wanted to apply for on a website, which was advertised by an agency, but by a process of deduction I was able to work out the organisation which it was with.

Should I apply through the agency I am already registered with and hope that they sell me well or apply directly to the organisation, who are a charity but not a particually poor one.

Oh and also the agency had it advertised at a slightly higher salary than the organisation.

Comments

• Options
    Apply through the agency, I'd say.
  • Options
    You could do both - apply for it first yourself and then approach the agency and say you didn't realise it was the same job! Generally, though, I'd say going through an agency means they can fight to get you a better salary and make sure your interests are looked after, so it might be best to go down that route.
  • Options
    The agency just sent me exactly the same forms as are on the chairties website. TBh if it wasn't a charity then I wouldn't mind using the agency to push for a better deal for me but its because its a charity that I'm feeling guilty about it.

x
  • Options
    In that case, apply yourself if it won't piss the agency off too much - we are a charity and when we employ someone through an agency we have to pay them a huge fee - it's a massive expense for a charity.