Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Journalism comp

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you’re under 18, why not enter the National Political Journalism competition? You could win a digital video camera and the chance to share your views with high profile politicians and journalists.

The competition challenges you to experience first-hand the relationship between politics and the media by tackling a local, national or international political issue of your choice. This means anything that affects the way that society is run – such as smoking in public places, ID cards, student top-up fees and votes at 16 – rather than just topics covered by a political editor. You can enter as a small team or an individual to take on the roles of media professionals and create real news pieces in print, TV or radio. For more information see www.citizenshipfoundation.org.uk/npjc

The competition is judged by real political journalists – the 2004 panel included The Times, The Mirror, BBC and Channel 4. Last year’s winners met David Blunkett at the Houses of Parliament and received their prizes from the BBC’s political editor, Andrew Marr, before having tea with Cherie Blair at 10 Downing Street! (Entrants in Scotland can choose to attend a reception at Holyrood instead.)

You’ll need to register by 1st December 2004; actual entries must be sent in by February/March 2005. You don’t have to worry about the technical side: as long as the piece can be heard and/or seen, the technical brilliance (or otherwise!) is immaterial. Your entry will be judged on analysis of an issue, why it is ‘political’ and what makes it newsworthy.

For more details contact the Citizenship Foundation on 0207 367 0500 or nypc@citizenshipfoundation.org.uk

www.citizenshipfoundation.org.uk

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeh me too, sucks cock!

The Newsround Press Packer Club just didn't appeal to me when I was younger!
    Bugger, I'm 20 and desperate to get into journalism.
    spanner wrote:
    If you’re under 18, why not enter the National Political Journalism competition? You could win a digital video camera and the chance to share your views with high profile politicians and journalists.

The competition challenges you to experience first-hand the relationship between politics and the media by tackling a local, national or international political issue of your choice. This means anything that affects the way that society is run – such as smoking in public places, ID cards, student top-up fees and votes at 16 – rather than just topics covered by a political editor. You can enter as a small team or an individual to take on the roles of media professionals and create real news pieces in print, TV or radio. For more information see www.citizenshipfoundation.org.uk/npjc

The competition is judged by real political journalists – the 2004 panel included The Times, The Mirror, BBC and Channel 4. Last year’s winners met David Blunkett at the Houses of Parliament and received their prizes from the BBC’s political editor, Andrew Marr, before having tea with Cherie Blair at 10 Downing Street! (Entrants in Scotland can choose to attend a reception at Holyrood instead.)

You’ll need to register by 1st December 2004; actual entries must be sent in by February/March 2005. You don’t have to worry about the technical side: as long as the piece can be heard and/or seen, the technical brilliance (or otherwise!) is immaterial. Your entry will be judged on analysis of an issue, why it is ‘political’ and what makes it newsworthy.

For more details contact the Citizenship Foundation on 0207 367 0500 or nypc@citizenshipfoundation.org.uk

www.citizenshipfoundation.org.uk
    cool! im 15 so i can do it right? :thumb:
    gemma-lou wrote:
    cool! im 15 so i can do it right? :thumb:

No, it said in Spanner's post that you had to register by 1st December 2004 for unfortunately :)