Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mutu's love of 'snow'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Apparently Adrian Mutu has admitted that he has taken cocaine, hence why I now feel free to post this thread...

Story here

His admission amy have been prompted by the FA's previous leniency for those players who have 'come clean'. Also, according to FA rules, he could avoid a ban because it is a 'recreational' drug.

Discuss.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You beat me, bastard.

Story.

He'll get between a six and nine month ban. Probably nine, which was the ban dished out to Mark Bosnich when he was found guilty of taking cocaine.

Cocaine is hardly a performance-enhancing drug though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Probably nine, which was the ban dished out to Mark Bosnich when he was found guilty of taking cocaine.

Hmm, I'm not so sure. The example I would use is Paul Merson who admitted drug abuse and was only suspending during treatment.

My article points out that Bosnich denied drug abuse and implies that is why he recieved the ban... :p
  • Options
    Speaking of Bosnich, he's not the sharpest tool in the box either. He's just declared to the BBC that he's been clean "for the last eight weeks".

Which means that during 8 of the 9 months we was banned for taking charlie he continued to indulged in the very drug that got him banned.

I wonder if the football authorities will pick up on this or if he has actually done nothing wrong 'legally'.
  • Options
    Bosnich is retired/out of work now.

How he spends his leisure time isn't the FA's concern.

Mutu did well for admitting it.

I still think Moaninho will use it as a way of shunting him off the wagebill.
  • Options
    Apparently, I read this somewhere, Mourino ordered the test to be done after Mutu didn't turn up for a training session. So maybe Mourino had an incling something like this was going on and this was his way of getting rid of him.

Coke isn't performance enhancing at all and I don't even know why they bother testing for it. Same with Cannabis, if I have a joint before the footie it makes me a worse player. Saying that though half my team have a joint before the game and it makes some of them play better.

Also, did you know they are bringing in drugs tests just for amateur football? Don't know about the Sunday pub league I play in but definately the County Amateur league I play in are doing random drug tests on matchday. Now whats all that about, I guarantee if they tested all my team we wouldn't have a team anymore, none of us take performance enhancing drugs they are all recreational but we could all get banned for using drugs we use socially. Now if they are bringing this in I think i could make a fair assumption that the powers to be are actually stoned themselves.
  • Options
    What would you do if you knew one of your teams players was doing coke?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by BlackArab

Ask him if he had enough to go around.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Now Mutu's saying he didn't take charlie.

But he did take something to make him feel good...
  • Options
    Firstly I'd do exactly the same as Skive.

Seriously though, If I was mourino and I knew one of my team was doing coke I wouldn't order a drug test for them unless I disliked them. I would keep it on the quiet and try and help the player out, I wouldn't try get him banned from playing. But with the dispute between Mutu and Mourino, IF Mourino has ordered the drugs test its because he doesn't want him there anymore and gets away without having to pay Mutu's contract off.
  • Options
    Sorry, should have explained further, I meant what would do as a fan not the manager? Bearing in mind that he could be banned for playing which would affect your teams performance.

Skive/Lick: I don't do coke anymore so thats not an option, now once upon a time, I would have confiscated it for his own good :angel:
  • Options
    Sorry, should have explained further, I meant what would do as a fan not the manager? Bearing in mind that he could be banned for playing which would affect your teams performance.
    Not sure really, If i was out in town and saw a Leeds player doing coke I'd probably bribe them to keep quiet :p I Honestly don't know what I would do, maybe tell the manager, maybe try talk to them myself, probably wouldn't go to press, unless I was skint :) Really don't know, I might even just keep quiet about the whole thing.
  • Options
    Thats the problem nobody would want to hurt the player or club. I guess the only hope is that the players doing it, take note of the consequences of Bosnich and Mutu.