Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

student loans

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Adelle
    I've been told by my LEA (Bradford, yay) that it'll be about another 3-4 weeks, since they've only just started on the second half of the alphabet :banghead:

WHAT??? my surname begins with a W so am i to get my loan at the beginning of december??? how am i to pay my tuition fees at the beginning of november?? this is NOT ON!! grr... :mad: :( :mad:
  • Options
    not had mine yet (my surname starts with S so im not holding my breath either), im over my overdraft limit (the bank just charged me £35, even thought none of my direct debits bounced, they will do now though, twats).

i dropped out of uni the first time round and started again. i had to ring them and ask to get my overdraft increased when i went into second year. so if i ring them up again and ask for the 3rd year limit, will i get caught out? dont wanna get busted cos ive still got a second's years limit even though im a fresher again
  • Options
    my surnames T and i got mine an AGE ago... like 4 days after registering...
  • Options
    Mine came through pretty damn quick after the start of term.
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    my surnames T and i got mine an AGE ago... like 4 days after registering...

Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Mine came through pretty damn quick after the start of term.

Rub it in why don't ya?:(
  • Options
    i havnt got no cast either and iv been registered for 6 weeks now, my landlords well havin a paddy
  • Options
  • Options
    RESULT!!

At last i have got my student loan...no thanks to my uni. I am SO annoyed. i enrolled registered and got my letter scanned on the first day of uni when it didn't come after 3 weeks i went to student finance to complain only for them to scan my letter again and...wait for it...told me that for some unknown reason the computer said that the letter was not scanned in the first place!! Thus i have wasted 3 weeks blaming the SLC when all this time it was some eejits fault for not scanning and checking properly!!

Also for you guys who still haven't got their loans. My mate filled out all her forms on time but hadn't received her loan and so basically she stormed upto student finance and caused a scene for which they THEN told her that although it is against policy you can ACTUALLY get your student loan without scanning the stupid barcode. So if you guys are really desperate maybe you should do that.
  • Options
    ta GWST, my loan came on thursday so crisis averted for now. its amazing how quickly people get their arses in gear when you have a massive go at them isnt it? emailed the council and gave them both barrels, and my loan came the next day!

i'll still be putting my best begging hat on in january when my next rent instalment is due though!