Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

giving up making me feel old

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Now that ive given up all those nasty little drugs that fucked me up its really started to clash wiv me and my boyfriend and my friends.
i started popping pills and heavy use of whizz when i was 15 before this a lot of smoking and binge drinking and now because i dont want to stay up through to the next morning i feel like im acting old and boring am i getting boring just cos i like to pass out by about 2 in the morning?

feeling well confused

Comments

• Options
    Yes, passing out at 2am is boring. Well to me anyway.

But then I've never been a fan of sedatives, certainly not to the point of passing out like that.

Seriously though, most people go through a bell curve of drug use in their late teens early twenties.

It peaks then you kind of drop off in interest, other things come up and you cut down.
  • Options
    Re: giving up making me feel old
    Originally posted by marialikesbeer
    Now that ive given up all those nasty little drugs that fucked me up its really started to clash wiv me and my boyfriend and my friends.
    i started popping pills and heavy use of whizz when i was 15 before this a lot of smoking and binge drinking and now because i dont want to stay up through to the next morning i feel like im acting old and boring am i getting boring just cos i like to pass out by about 2 in the morning?

feeling well confused

Just because your lifestyle choices have changed, doesn't mean you are getting old. I know it is hard when you stop doing what your friends are, but if they are true friends, the amount of sweeties you pop in a night, should not effect your relationship with them.