Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

unlike AvP which werent that good

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
predator and alien 3 are on tonite, somewhat better, the acting better in predator than it is in AvP and thats saying soemthing
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Alien 3 is terrible :(
    Originally posted by Kiezo

its actually not to bad in my opinion, it was just too arty really, acting was good and it had characters too

AvP has so many things wrong with its unbelivable, most of which could of been saved if paul anderson didnt write the script and cast and direct it.... has no depth to it
    I think Alien 3 was the perfect end to the trilogy. A return to the dark mood of the original after the gun fest that was #2 (a top film anyway), and getting David Fincher in to direct #3 was a brilliant move. Shame they couldnt just leave it alone after that....i dont even rate Resurection as part of the series (has it moments but so does every film, it just wasnt meant to be part of the Alien series at all)

AVP is horrible considering the raw material they had to work with...i mean come on...ALIENS VERSUS THE GODDAMN PREDATOR!!!! Two of the most awesome "monsters" of recent times....I think anderson shouldnt have been allowed any where near a camera after event horizon as it was obviously the only passable work of his career....
    *sigh* it took a great idiot to mess AVP up...and they found him.

Peace
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    On the alien front...

Species 3 is great, if you havent seen it, get down your local and ask for Mr Chan the DVD man :)
    Originally posted by Kiezo

go watch the director's cut... the release had loads of stuff cut out and it hardly made sense. the director's version is as always the full vision of the film and it sets the film up perfectly...

the release cut pretty much straight to the story without so much as a hint of what life was like onthe planet aside from it was windy outside :rolleyes:

resurrection on the other hand... good effects but utterly shite as part of the series (even though they had to make up a new word to include it).

avp? the anal reaming of 2 decent franchises for the sole purpose of making money.

though director again says the studio cut most of the best bits to make it a 12a/pg13. nobody will know if it's true until the dvd is released.
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    go watch the director's cut... the release had loads of stuff cut out and it hardly made sense. the director's version is as always the full vision of the film and it sets the film up perfectly...

Seen the director's cut, still didn't think it was any better.

Like wheresmyplacebo said, it was good that they decided to get back to the roots of the original film by taking the guns and leaving them to try and outsmart it, I just didn't think they went about it very well.

Then again, I didn't really like Blade Runner either *waits for cries of "WHAT!?"*. Despite being told to watch the directors cut, I still didn't like it. It just failed to hold my interest.
    blade runner is one of the very few films (3 in total so far) that i can physically fall asleep whilst watching at full volume.

i was fully awake and not feeling tired when it started (at about 3pm) and about 30 minutes in i was gone..... woke up just after the credits had started rolling, fantastic!
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    though director again says the studio cut most of the best bits to make it a 12a/pg13. nobody will know if it's true until the dvd is released.

nope :no: the director whom i despice with a passion, likes hyping it up, but actually what he meant he explained in anothe rinterview, and it wont be more gore or story, i think it MAY have the 1904 clip, but there wont be any more gore...

when they were making it he was like "whatever rating it get it gets" which aint true as its blatantly done as a cash cow to milk 13yr old kids of money thinking they saw a horror film when what they saw was a sci-fi fantasy beat em up with little to no depth