Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

In Car Entertainment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What kind of entertainment do you have in your car? And also what kinf od music do you like inthe car?

I had going on long journeys with my folks, the volume switch on my mum's radio is stuck on one level and in my Dad's fiesta the system is crap, only got a radio and tape player!!!

In my own car I got a MiniDisc, which was wicked when I first got it many years ago (before CD Writer cames out)

But now it's a real pain to transfer music to a minidisc andit's only a standard player so no Long play!!!

Althoough sound is very good and I got 7 speakers that came standard in my car including a subwoofer!!!

But thinking of switching to a JVC CD CD/Mp3 Player!! JVC Cos I can get it cheap for like £97

I like fast songs and dance versions of many things for the car!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My parents listen to shit music in the car if they have any on. My dad's car has a cd player and my mum's has a tape player (they both obviously have radios too). It's not up to me to choose the music being as I'm not driving and it's not my car so if they have something really shit on then I listen to my personal cd player or just put up with it. My mum is less bothered about me choosing the radio station actually to be fair.

My choice of radio station is Kerrang 105.2 which is the best of a bad selection round here.
    Hard trance, 80's metal, black metal, decent hip-hop (no Eminem shite), flamenco, Irish rebel songs... y'know :razz:
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    flamenco

:nervous:
    Originally posted by 1983
    :nervous:

Download The Gipsy Kings' Spanish version of Hotel California and you'll see what I mean :razz:
    Download The Gipsy Kings' Spanish version of Hotel California and you'll see what I mean :razz:

christ, if you lived out here you would soon learn to hate it. along with shite spanish pop and sevillanas. die david bisbal DIE!
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    christ, if you lived out here you would soon learn to hate it. along with shite spanish pop and sevillanas. die david bisbal DIE!

Naaah I hate the Spanish pop stuff like David Bisbal, I mean proper flamenco! Only mentioned Gipsy Kings in the hope someone else had heard of them 'cause they're about as commercial as flamenco gets :razz:
    in car entertainment follows the same simple rules as programming...;

garbage in, garbage out.

if you buy a shit head unit it's never gonna sound good, no matter if it's coming out of a £2000 speaker setup. at the very least go for a midrange alpine unit.

and don't skimp on cheap cables.
    Only mentioned Gipsy Kings in the hope someone else had heard of them

I like the Gypsy Kings, but don't ask me to name any of their songs...
    A crappy radio and tape player is all I need, anything else and your getting into Chav like behaviour.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    A crappy radio and tape player is all I need, anything else and your getting into Chav like behaviour.

so having a good sound system in the car means your behaving like a chav?!

i better tell my dad off then!
    Originally posted by jake0
    so having a good sound system in the car means your behaving like a chav?!

i better tell my dad off then!

jake0's dad:

dumbned1.jpg
    jake0's dad:

dumbned1.jpg

omg that is ;<
    I only have the standard Blaupunkt radio/cassette and speakers that came with the car. The car's 15 years old, so they're not great, but better than nothing. ...Except there's a problem with the electrical circuit the radio, interior light, clock, lighter socket is on, so I have to leave the fuse out to prevent the battery draining. :( So I only listen to the radio once in a blue moon on long journeys when I can be arsed to fiddle around refitting the fuse.

I'd love to have a half decent amp and speakers (nothing too booming with bass boxes and all that chav crap, just so I can hear it nicely on the motorway) and then use an MP3 head unit so that I can carry tons of music in a cd wallet, and the MP3 discs wouldn't need changing on a long journey.

As for music on the move. I only have a handful of compilation tapes in the car, so get bored of them quickly, so usually listen to the radio. Thank god for the auto-seek radio! :)
    i don't drive yet so it's my ipod for me on yourneys :)

hard house, hard trance, trance, ska, puk, rock and metal :)

when i do drive and have a car, i'll just get a tape adapter thingy so i can plug my ipod into the tape deck into my mum's car which i shall be inheriting.
    Hard trance, 80's metal, black metal, decent hip-hop (no Eminem shite), flamenco, Irish rebel songs... y'know :razz:

and the surfin' bird song? ;o
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    in car entertainment follows the same simple rules as programming...;

garbage in, garbage out.

if you buy a shit head unit it's never gonna sound good, no matter if it's coming out of a £2000 speaker setup. at the very least go for a midrange alpine unit.

and don't skimp on cheap cables.

I got the JVC Unit and just fitted it and it's a lot more powerful then my old Sony one 50 Watts x 4 whereas the old one was 35 Watts x 4

The sound is excellent.. best of all with MP3 I can get over 100 songs on a single CD!!!

The unit is fine for what I wanted, even the radio reception is a lot better not that I listen much to the radio!!! The only thing I didn't like was the silver colour!!