Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

smoking and snorting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are there different effects when you snort or smoke crystal? Like I always snort it but am curious to try smoking it. Not really for anyreason, just so. But are the effects different, will smoking it be bad for my teeth?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dunno really but i suppose snorting it would be quicker to hit you, it'd probably just fuck with your lungs and taste rotten. I've smoked E in a pipe before, you could taste the chemicals and the room we were in had a funny aftersmell lingering in it..bit of a waste of pills though imo.
    i have only ever injected the stuff ...fucking awesome but ...seriously addictive and difficult to deal with the aftermath.
    it's a dangerous drug.
    i ended up like a walking skeleton.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    You could have a little trawl through the information on Erowid if you are so inclined...
    The short answer is DONT.

Meth is horribly addictive enough just snorting or using it orally.

Please my_name, trust me when I tell you that you do NOT want a meth addiction.

If however you are going to smoke it, or snort it then dont share pipes or tubes with people, the risk is slight but you can catch Hepititus that way.
    how long before meth gets over here?

is there any chance that it is already here and in some pills? (although i do seem to remember bong saying that they would sell for more once they did appear...)
    It is about on the hard techno and strangely on the acid trance scene too in London.

I've not come across but heard reports of it if you know what I mean. Lucky really I dont want to be able to get it.

It pops up in pills every now and then, not very often though. The last time it was confirmed in pills was either the tri-mitzis or the mosterously strong pink star treks.

It will pop in small orange and red pill form soon though. I'd bet heavily on that.

Its going to be a sad day when those things turn up though, talk about blood money. They're from Mayanmar and are used to fund the horrific civil war that is happening there.
    Ethical drug buying anyone?

Oh and whatever happened to MDMA powder? At least in Soton about 2002-2004 you used to be able to get that quite regularly, where has it all gone?
    Oh of course, there really isnt such a thing as a perfectly ethical class A drug sale.

But, there are some drugs which are FAR more tainted than others. To my mind the three being Cocaine, Heroin and Meth from the far east.

As for MDMA powder, I think it has fallen from favor because its more expencive than pills by a lot. £40 for a gram or 30 pills? for a lot of people thats not much of a choice.
    and to be honest ive seen some people REALLY messed up on MDMA powder, scarrily concentrated some of it.

Oh and down here it used to go for £30-35 per G.
    Well it should be pure, as long as you know the dosages involved with MDMA and you can eye ball to the nearest 30mg it shouldnt be over whelming.

When I last was offered it about 2 years ago it was going for 40 45 ish.
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    how long before meth gets over here?

it was plentiful around me in the seventies ...why it dissapeared i know not.
    Its a complex mix of answers. Though no one really knows. Strangely methamphetamine was at one time prescribed IV for heroin addicts! That wasnt a huge success.

It has a lot to do with when amphetamines were banned in the UK and US and the way of making meth.

Amphetamine containing products were banned quite a long period here before they were in the US. Therefore black market makers poped up. Because of their lack of knowledge they went for amphet which was at the time easier to make.

This then caught on the black market and the makers stuck with it.

When the black market spread in the US the methods for making meth were easier (they had been refined) and the materials easier to get there. So most makers there went with meth.

Thus now we have a market dominated by amphetamine and the US by methamphetamine.
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    Ethical drug buying anyone?

Oh and whatever happened to MDMA powder? At least in Soton about 2002-2004 you used to be able to get that quite regularly, where has it all gone?

Shit loads of MDMA crystal in London.
    Decent MDMA is around £50/gram
    Well whatever they were giving us it was STRONG and Ecstatic (geddit) :D
    It's around here going at £50 per gram. I've never tried it yet though but i could get it like.MDMA powder, not meth.
    Originally posted by Shogun
    It's around here going at £50 per gram. I've never tried it yet though but i could get it like.MDMA powder, not meth.

Pure crystal methamphetamine could easily fetch £100 a gram in the UK I would say.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Pure crystal methamphetamine could easily fetch £100 a gram in the UK I would say.

I wasn't talking about meth for £50 a gram, i was talking about MDMA powder.
    Getting MDMA powder at £35 a G around here at the moment. It does the job but its certainly not that strong.
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician
    Getting MDMA powder at £35 a G around here at the moment. It does the job but its certainly not that strong.

Exactly, the price seems to have stablised and stayed at about 45-50 for pure MDMA powder for the last 3 or 4 years.

And Shogun, I knew you were talking about MDMA, I was just giving a comparative cost.
    Ah right.
    Meth is a lot more active so a much smaller dose is needed, therefore it could easily fetch double or even tripple the price of MDMA. Hell if you were smoking it a gram of crystal would go a long way.
    So it's only really a matter of time before it hits the UK and Ireland in a big way.
    In pill form yes, in powder I dont think it will take off, especially smoking it. There is too much bad press about it.
    smoking anything apart from da herb is minging.
    If one is to be picky, you dont actually smoke methamphetamine in the traditional sense of the word, you heat the solid till its a vapour and then inhale.
    Originally posted by CHARLY
    smoking anything apart from da herb is minging.

You narrow minded idiot.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    If one is to be picky, you dont actually smoke methamphetamine in the traditional sense of the word, you heat the solid till its a vapour and then inhale.

could you get stoned if your burned a lump of blow and inhaled it
    Yes, but its really not the same because hashish isnt anywhere near pure THC.

You can buy vapourisors which heat the cannabis and the THC comes off. Some people really like them, others for some reason dont get any effect.
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician
    I've been offered MDMA powder for £30 a gram, never bought it so don't know if it would've been any good. I just stick to pills.