Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

student loans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
why is it taking forever for me to get my money???? its been a whole bleedin' week and still no money in my account. i thought the whole point of transferring money thru bacs and not cheques was because its supposed to be quicker but guess what? IT AIN'T!!! i'm a 3rd year and i was hoping to get this loan asap so that i can budget myself so that i dont over spend but now im buggered cos i dont know what i can and cannot afford!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! :mad:

will the student loans company jus get their act together????

(rant over!):crazyeyes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whether you've got the money yet or not, you presumably know how much you are entitled to, so use that as your budget.

Give them a buzz http://www.slc.co.uk/frames/contacts/fset.html
    Have you had your student loan yet? Mine has still not gone in!!! :mad:
    I only got my letter today telling me how much I'd be receiving, think it should've gone it now 'cause the expected payment date was a few days ago but something tells me I won't have it yet.
    You never get the loan until the first published day of term - I don't get mine until tomrorow and I've already been back at uni 8 days.
    You get it 3 working days after you enrol. Very useful, considering you need to pay rent and fees and buy books, before then.
    does it go into the bank account you gave them the year before if you're 2nd year?

i still not got mine yet :(

been at uni a week now
    called em up it the 6th october :'(
    i enrolled two weeks ago and i STILL haven't got it yet!!! grrrr....this is ridiculous!:mad:
    Mine still aint gone in!!!!!!! This is seriously taking the piss now :o

Anyone had any joy in receiving theirs?
    to find out when it goes into your aco**** call them up go to their site, and its an automated service, you type your ART #ID in on your fone and then your pin, whichis your bday, like mine is 15th june so it 1506 and then it tells you when its going in
    I got mine at the end of August. I must have an efficient LEA.
    its all processed by SLC now, no more LEA involvement toher than them sending you the initial forms
    The SLC got shiny new computers, and they don't work.

You'll be waiting a while for your money.
    This is going to sound really numb but is the 0800 40 50 10 the automated response one? I've got my ART written down and everything but Barclaycard have got my actual letter (proof of address) so I don't know.....and I'm too much of a sociophobe to just ring it in case someone picks the phone up :(
    automated you type it in on fonepad
    In response to the original post, lay off the drink and takeaways, nights out etc until you get the loan, that way you can't overspend and you'll have some extra cash nearer the end of term too.

I used to be glad when I got my loan late, it meant that I couldn't spend it!
    so i'm to be a hermit until i get my money? :(

i'm gonna give the SLC until the end of this week and THEN i'll give them HELL as this is unacceptable! i filled out all my forms on time, got my letter scanned on the first day back at uni and i'm still left here waiting like a donut! this is not about money (believe it or not) this is about PRINCIPAL!!! :mad:
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    automated you type it in on fonepad

Yeah I gathered that but I was asking for the actual phone number :)
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    to find out when it goes into your aco**** call them up go to their site, and its an automated service, you type your ART #ID in on your fone and then your pin, whichis your bday, like mine is 15th june so it 1506 and then it tells you when its going in

I done that and the automated response said that the first instaulment had been deposited into my account on 20th September! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cant they ever get anything right when they start something new!
    I just realised this morning that my loan has not yet come through as I only have £1100 in my account. (My parents gave me the money for fees and accomidation last week) But I should have more than £1100 in my account right? like £3000 extra? This is annoying.
    Your loan will be about £900-1000 for this term.
    The loan comes in 3 installments, one each term.
    Originally posted by Kath2003
    Your loan will be about £900-1000 for this term.
    The loan comes in 3 installments, one each term.

Ah yes.... I still need to get my hands on a bank statement somehow to see exactly what is happening Because i cant have earned that little over summer...hmm.
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    You get it 3 working days after you enrol. Very useful, considering you need to pay rent and fees and buy books, before then.

quite... or if entitlement to enroll depends on reciept of LEA support entitlement

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Originally posted by TheSovereign
    quite... or if entitlement to enroll depends on reciept of LEA support entitlement

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't have my entitlement letter and I was allowed to enrol..some unis are ****s though. Have you got an overdraft?
    overdraft has been reduced by HSBC to a PUNY £770 due to 'bad behaviour' i.e. not notifying change of term time adress's and 5 new switch cards in 5 years :D
    i've had to live at home waiting for entitlement to come through.. at our uni they scan the letter you get showing how much your loan is then that triggers the whole thing - should be in your account immediatly.

pretty narked with the merky SLC this year.. me 2 im third year re-sitting and its naked lazyness and bad planning... pissd me and others awf!! how hard can it be?
    I never ever mix "my" money up with Uni money, everything I earn goes into one account and Uni money for rent, food, bills etc goes in another account. "My" money is used for going out, books etc, whereas I need to keep a careful eye on Uni money so I have enough for next month's rent & bills.
    UPDATE!!

So...has anybody got their loans yet?? 'cos I HAVEN'T :(:(:(
    i agree

no i havent got mine
    im reaally annoyed with it actually
    i have been enrolled a month now and still no money
    i contacted loan ppl they said my lea should have sent me something to fill in 20days before i enrolled which i did not recieve so i called them but guess what they are not answering calls as they are too busy so i emailed them she said i have to do a load of things i have already done!!!
    phoned loan ppl again today a week ;later and they said it has been finalized ya!!!
    but i still have to wait a week to recieve a letter then take it in to uni so they can contact the loan ppl then i will have to wait for another letter then eventually i may get my money !!!!!
    I've been told by my LEA (Bradford, yay) that it'll be about another 3-4 weeks, since they've only just started on the second half of the alphabet :banghead:
    Originally posted by Adelle
    I've been told by my LEA (Bradford, yay) that it'll be about another 3-4 weeks, since they've only just started on the second half of the alphabet :banghead:

Yeah.
    As far as I'm aware, the poor sods are still taking about half an hour to process each form (as opposed to about 5 mins).

All because of some utterly worthless government software. :(