Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nottingham Trent

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi

Went to Nottingham Trent today and liked the uni, location, acomodation and they are a very good uni for my course. The only problem is all the news about it being the crime centre of britain. So can anyone tell me what its like in nottingham on a night, is it as bad as everyone makes out.

Thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nottingham is great for a night out. I have been there 2 years and never seen the slightest bit of trouble.

Im not saying it doesn't happen, but its reputation is just a bit overdeserved.
    i like it a lot, you've just got to be careful like you would in any city.
    Yeah it's just like any other city. I'm at Nottingham Uni and havent first hand noticed any crime in the city at night, and I'll happily walk around by myself (although i'm not saying that's right..).
    There's a fairly big police presence about in the evenings too.
    I really wouldnt base your choice of uni around crime rates. There's crime in every city and it's just bad luck or lack of common sense that'll make it effect you. Nottingham is a great city and the good points outweigh the bad by far.