Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

overdose help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone, don’t really know if this post should be in this room… prob should be in the health bored but tried their not much help….

Well the thing is I overdosed twice in 2 months that was about 3 months on ibuprofen the first time and paractamol the second. But since then I have been getting really bad pains in my left hand side could I have done damage????. Is it worth me going down the doctors? Or am I just being stupid

thanks you everyone

mary

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It is worth you going down to the doctors. You might have caused damage, you might not have but it really is best to get it checked out :)
    Yep, i'd suggest investigating the matter with your GP.
    The best thing to do is go see your GP to make sure. It's better to be safe than sorry, pet. :)
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hi mad_maryuk, sorry I haven't replied until now. Everyone else is right, if you are worried or have any pain you should definitely make an appointment to see your doc as soon as possible. In the meantime, you could have a look at this page on the Netdoctor website about paracetamol, or try calling NHS Direct on 0845 4647 for some advice or information.
    (NHS will ask for personal details but you can tell them you prefer to make an anonymous enquiry.)
    But please please go and see a doctor, this could be serious.