Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

First time on E

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had my first e on fri night, a friend gave me a half which didn't seem to be doing any thing, so then I had the other half, which didn't do anything. I then had another 2 (which fair enough was a bit stupid) and then they all kicked in at once...pupils the size of dinnerplates, and I could hardly stand up, chewing all the time...
I'm still feeling a bit...spaced out like i'm not all there, I was walking around town today like a zombie.
Does this wear off or have I done any permanent damage?

Thnx for reading

SteveA

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I doubt you have done any permanent damage. You did a lot for your first time, so your body and mind may take a couple of days to recover, but you should be fine. Just maybe space it out more in halves, the next time you do it.
    Thx, if I did just one or a half, is it more enjoyable, cos it just felt scary on fri.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    From now on just neck one at a time. Don't do another unless you've come up fully on the previous one.
    Weekender Offender 
    just do one a night in the meanwhile, if you do a lot every fri and sat night you'll need that same amount to get the same hit, having to face a comedown after taking 6 or 7 pills isn't the most pleasurable thing to face in the morning
    the come up time will vary depending on factors such as, how empty/full your stomach is and your own metabolism. Come up time for me was about 40-60mins mostly, so next time i'd wait an hour before doing anything else.

just one thing; my biggest regret about doing pills was that i did too many and didint pace myself.

if i did them again i'd drop one pill a sesh, regardless of strength.
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir

if i did them again i'd drop one pill a sesh, regardless of strength.

all pill heads say that, but you know how it goes yourself, one becomes 2 then 3 and so on.
    well, yeah, thats kinda what i said :)

the benefit of hinesight is one of those things that is useful to everyone but the person from which it originates.

oh and aprehensiveness or anxiety when coming up is very common, used to get proper afraid before the buzz came on.

oh and aprehensiveness or anxiety when coming up is very common, used to get proper afraid before the buzz came on.

surprisingly i wasn't afraid, i just necked it, just saw it as another drug for some weird reason, thats all it is really, another drug with a load of bad hype around, yea it wrecks your head after a while but what doesn't
    surprisingly i wasn't afraid, i just necked it, just saw it as another drug for some weird reason, thats all it is really, another drug with a load of bad hype around, yea it wrecks your head after a while but what doesn't

well that is true, but what i meant was that one of the medical effects of coming up is that it can cause/exacerbate anxiety in some people, similar (in effect) to when some people smoke weed.

This post has been reworded
    Hey there

Like the others said it's probably best to tak it easy on your first time (s), you don't know how the drug reacts to your body etc... read up, and know how to reduce the harm you do here: TheSite factsheet

half at a time ....

vaults of erowid - masses of info if you wish to read further

Sooz :)
    Esctasy isnt a drug to be taken lightly, their low cost and easy availability have meant that many people just pop them like sweeties. Not really knowing what they are consuming and what its doing to them. This is, unfortunately reflected in the death rate from pills which is rising.

Know your body, know your source and know your drug.
    Thats a mistake taking a half I think its not strong enough to come up properly, and then as you found you wanted to tke more, be carefull, you should be fine.
    Taking a half your very first time is actually a wise option. Some people are hyper sensitive to MDMA and it can cause a nasty reaction.

Plus of course there is the issue of what does a half really mean? Pill contents can be anything really.
    You'll be fine again in a day or two, that's alot your first time.
    also some pills will be stronger than others so even when/if you get used to taking them, necking large amounts in one go isn't wise. always start small, I say
    necking large amounts in one go isn't wise

i am currently taking Pharmacology as an extra module in my degree. I've only been on the course two weeks but alrady the intricacy and fragility of the brain REALLY scares me when i think about all the things i subjected it to :p

one thing that has become clear really is that, we can never be sure of the content and strength of pills for sure, but also of the chemical state of our own brain.

The pill itself is only ever 50% of the equation, the other is your own brain chemistry and mental state. Necking loads 'just coz dave was alright with it' is the surest way to do yourself harm.

I heard the arguement the other day that taking pills is similar to skydiving or snowboarding other dangerous sports.

That is one fairly valid view in terms of lethal consequences but as is all to common the whatever-doesnt-kill-you-makes-you-stronger attitude isnt entirely helpful. The difference is that if you are talking about non-fatal injury, mental damage can be far more harsh than physical, and in many more cases far harder to treat or improve. That and the fact that still in this day and age, mental health is hugely stigmatised; you may not find yourself in recipt of so much sympathy and compassion as someone with say, a broken leg.

:confused:

This post was edited because: Bongbudda's eternal shining wisdom has once again pierced thorugh the darkness in order to show us the way, the truth and the light..... :D
    In terms of death rates taking MDMA is significantly less risky than sky diving or horse riding. (the latter being very dangerous).

However, as you so rightly point out thats really only one segment of the picture.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Thank you Martin_Bashir, that was a very well articulated post.
    This post was edited because: Bongbudda's eternal shining wisdom has once again pierced thorugh the darkness in order to show us the way, the truth and the light..... :D

Thats a tiny bit drastic isnt it. Thank you anyway though.
    Quite appropriate I thought...
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Quite appropriate I thought...

Please! Lets not go over board. I'm above you certainly, but I'm not that far above you.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Please! Lets not go over board. I'm above you certainly, but I'm not that far above you.

I'm not even worthy to lick the soles of your feet....
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    I'm not even worthy to lick the soles of your feet....

You have to pay to do things like that in Soho.
    I haven't taken a pill for about 7 months or something crazy like that!

Last year I popped them like sweeties all the time, when I started dropping, I was taking one, my mates were taking 10-15!

Soon enough I was popping the same amount, friday + saturday night, along with anything else we had, speed, shrooms, whatever.

Anyways all I'm trying to say is if I could go back and change it I would, there is a fine line between drug use and drug abuse!

Use them responsibly and properly now and you'll be glad you did in the years to come...:)

Take it easy

Phil
    Ladyjade
    Thank you Martin_Bashir, that was a very well articulated post.

:blush:

oh and the purpose of my edit comment was 1) to complement bong and 2) to take the piss :D (but you already knew that :) )
    Taking the piss out of me?! You startin'?
    (carrying Nintendo) You askin?!
    I'm more than happy to take it outside, I'm not too old to beat some sense into you!
    Oi you two, keep it nice!

Aren't we just the postwhore today Bongbudda?
    Maybe just a little. It was that fiend woman, she made me, she's a bad influence, you should warn her.