Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Job application

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got an application form for a part-time bar job today and im really not sure what they expect me to answer.

1) what is your favourite dinosaur? please explain why,
2) On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best how do you rate jam?
3) what types of magasines/newspapers do you read and why?

my thorts are you ask a stupid question and you get a stupid answer but i thort id ask just incase i was missing hidden meanings.

i was gonna put 2) i rate jam at 2 because i prefere cheese spread but everyone says i cant write that.

i dunno

help!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    they're checking how interesting/fun/creative you are.
    yep...you're gonna have to come up with some silly answers i think
    Yeah, just take the piss out of their questions. By trying to sound sincere while adding some humour to it :)
    Re: Job application
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    i was gonna put 2) i rate jam at 2 because i prefere cheese spread

I'd say that's what they are looking for as you writing the above means you've got a bit of perzaz about you rather than being a boring person with no life.
    Re: Job application

These job application forms have been created by morons who clearly haven't got anything better to do with their time. These questions are so utterly stupid that if any potential employer dares ask them to me, I'm going to walk out of the interview or refuse to fill in the form. These questions have nothing to do with the job, so find something else.
    1. My favourite dinosaur is Barney. He is an example to dinosaurs everywhere. He's kind and giving and always has a big grin. He also seems to have a wide circle of friends - a different set every time I see him! He's also one of the hippest dino's around - that shade of purple is SO this season.
    2. I have reason to believe that jam is normal, nice fruit that has been chewed up by the devil and spat back out into jam jars. Jam is not nice. It's used be old ladies to sugar people up and to keep their elderly husbands from permenantly slipping into a coma of boredom as their wives tell them about next door's cat for the twenty-third time that morning. Therefore, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate jam as 1.
    3. I don't read magazines - I can't afford to. If I am successful in gaining this position, I would be able to afford to read them. I would like to start off somewhere small, say with Beano. From there I hope that one day, with the help and support of friends, I can finally work my way up to Cosmopolitan.
    I wouldnt go for it, sounds like the kind of work enviroment people involved describe as 'cray-zee' and say things like 'we're wacky here we are'.
    Originally posted by Kath2003
    1. My favourite dinosaur is Barney. He is an example to dinosaurs everywhere. He's kind and giving and always has a big grin. He also seems to have a wide circle of friends - a different set every time I see him! He's also one of the hippest dino's around - that shade of purple is SO this season.
    2. I have reason to believe that jam is normal, nice fruit that has been chewed up by the devil and spat back out into jam jars. Jam is not nice. It's used be old ladies to sugar people up and to keep their elderly husbands from permenantly slipping into a coma of boredom as their wives tell them about next door's cat for the twenty-third time that morning. Therefore, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate jam as 1.
    3. I don't read magazines - I can't afford to. If I am successful in gaining this position, I would be able to afford to read them. I would like to start off somewhere small, say with Beano. From there I hope that one day, with the help and support of friends, I can finally work my way up to Cosmopolitan.

i would employ you.