Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Someone for everyone?

I have always been fascinated to hear people saying that there is someone for you. Only on Tuesday, a fellow site member told me "Danny, that special someone is out there somewhere just dying to meet you and be yours forever". Yet, I simply don't believe a word. When I told them this, the reply was: "Don't be so pessimistic! There is someone out there for everyone." I don't believe them. The question: is there really someone for everyone, or are some of us truly destined to grow old alone?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I do believe that there is somebody for everyone, but i do not believe anyone meets them. If that makes any sence.

Ahhh that just reminds me how single im feeling right now........
    I truly don't know the answer to that question, I want it to be true, but a lot of the times i think it isn't, my aunt is alone, and single, and has stopped trying to find someone, so their isn't someone out there for her. I think we say it to keep our hopes up, but lots of people die lonely and alone don't they? It's a sad world :(
    I don't really believe in this someone for everyone malarkey. There are loads of people who you could potentially spend your life with. You find someone that you're happy with and make them the one.

However it doesn't happen by magic. You're not going to bump into a girl on the street who suddenly decides that she wants to spend the rest of her life with you. It takes a shit-load of work.

And yes, some of people die lonely. But it's pointless to worry about it now. I mean you've got a bijillion years to meet people. If you were 706 and didn't have someone then you could start to worry about dying alone.
    I'm just young and cynical about life. That's the reason I posted this thread.
    No, there isnt someone for everyone. Some people are just plain nasty and dont deserve anyone.

There are probably quite a lot of people you could be in a moderately decent relationship with, and maybe a few that you could really love.
    Some people are born to be alone. Just accept it. Join the Lonely Wankers Club, I can reserve a place fo choo.
    I don't know... I think i have found someone that is made for me, but that person doesn't think the same way... A relationship can't ever be really perfect, so i guess no.
    I personally think that there is someone for everyone but the chances of finding that person is slim to none, so people end up settling for less. :)
    If your looking for perfect, then you will always be disapointed. There are no perfect people. (well except maybe me, but theres only so much love I can give out)

Theres a difference between 'perfect' and 'perfect for me'. The latter one is possible.
    Personally, I am definitely not looking for someone who's absolutely perfect in every way. Sounds boring having someone who can't be faulted in any way at all. I can't demand perfection from a woman when I have got so many faults myself.
    Theres a difference between 'perfect' and 'perfect for me'. The latter one is possible.

Too true. Unfortunately, often those who are perfect for you don't share your feelings.
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    I do believe that there is somebody for everyone, but i do not believe anyone meets them. If that makes any sence.

Ahhh that just reminds me how single im feeling right now........

Yeah i think i agree with you.
    I think, or i like to think that there is that someone out there for everyone, but i think some people don't always meet the person they should be with.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'd like to think so, but somehow I just don't think its likely to happen.
    I believe that there's not just ONE perfect person for everyone, But maybe 2 or 3... so that you have a few chances at making it work... because lets face it - everyone has to learn from their mistakes... am i making sense? :eek2: LoL...
    I don't believe in "soul mates", but there is someone that is ideal for everyone.

I used to think that there was nobody, that'd I'd be found dead and half-eaten by an Alsatian. And, you know, that isn't true- you just have to be patient, and genuinely listen to the hints that come your way. And, crucially, have the confidence to act on them; love doesn't spring out straight away, it starts off small.

There is somebody for everyone, they just have to stop being so preoccupied with themselves to see it.
    Originally posted by w3lsh_princ3ss
    I believe that there's not just ONE perfect person for everyone, But maybe 2 or 3... so that you have a few chances at making it work... because lets face it - everyone has to learn from their mistakes... am i making sense? :eek2: LoL...

Circumstances dictate what is ideal, and circumstances dictate if things work out or not.

I met GWST in the very bottom of depression, there was no hope, no point, but if I hadn't been there I'd have never met her, never needed her, never fallen in love with her.
    Originally posted by w3lsh_princ3ss

Me think so too, in terms of settling down, having kids, etc

it all depends who you run into.

I met a guy today who getting married in December, he was on holiday form the UK in India and met and American girl on holiday, they'e going back to India to get married and then moving to the USA.

I'm sure if she never went on holiday he'd have married someone else and so would she!!
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I don't believe in "soul mates" but there is someone that is ideal for everyone.
    I believe there is such a thing as soul mates but this soul mate isnt meant to be your 'loved one' as things will become too akward and interfere with the friendship. So a bessie mate would make the best soul mate... but thats just in my opinion...

I have thought that everyone has a few special people especially for them and that when they find them its bliss... but has that ever happened to anyone here? i mean i know a few of us are in relationships but has anyone felt like they are 'meant to be' with that one specific person?
    Originally posted by aimz
    I believe there is such a thing as soul mates but this soul mate isnt meant to be your 'loved one' as things will become too akward and interfere with the friendship. So a bessie mate would make the best soul mate... but thats just in my opinion...

I have thought that everyone has a few special people especially for them and that when they find them its bliss... but has that ever happened to anyone here? i mean i know a few of us are in relationships but has anyone felt like they are 'meant to be' with that one specific person?

Lol your not a Dawsons Creek fan are you?

But basically I belive that there are loads of people out there for you - its just that you both have to want and belive that the relationship will work.

But also you have to be patient - my boyfriend fancied me since I was 13 and we didn't start going out till I was 22 - so I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Most of my friends didnt' have proper boyfriends till they were 19 or 20 - one till she was 25.

xx
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I don't believe in "soul mates", but there is someone that is ideal for everyone. I used to think that there was nobody, that'd I'd be found dead and half-eaten by an Alsatian.

HEY! Don't insult my Alsatian puppy! He's a big softie at heart, you know. Just look at the attachment below if you don't believe me. Anyway, these are all good points, people.
    Originally posted by Wyetry
    Lol your not a Dawsons Creek fan are you?
    :lol: used to be when i was like 16. not no more. i hate it now.
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    HEY! Don't insult my Alsatian puppy! He's a big softie at heart, you know. Just look at the attachment below if you don't believe me. Anyway, these are all good points, people.
    :eek2: thats a puppy?
    Originally posted by aimz
    :eek2: thats a puppy?

Yes, that is a puppy. He was 10 months old when that picture was taken. He is now 14 months. Dogs officially remain as puppies until 18 months. That said, Max's size does mean people think he is much older.

Nice dog.

That went right over your head, didn't it?
    He is a nice dog. And what went over my head, Kermit?
    And what went over my head, Kermit?

Never mind:p
    Moving on, I wonder: Are the people who say "Yes, there is someone for everyone" in relationships? Or are they merely optimistic?
    I think there is a girl for me, and i'm being optimistic on that.

You have to be optimistic, it's healthy
    I know there's a girl for you! You've already bloody met her, by the sounds of it!
    Now, i have met her, she goes to the same class as me, but the thing is that my feelings for her are not reciprocated. You can't call someone made for you if they don't like you in that way, right?