Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Presents?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Been with my gf for over 3 months now and (although hardly anyone on this site aggrees with it) we're engaged.
her mum doesnt know about us yet as we want to wait until we can buy a ring so we can make it official before telling everyone (only a few close friends [and her dad - who is fine with it btw] know).
anyway..its her mums birthday next week..but the dilema is..do i get her anything?
should i get a card? present? nothing?
ive no idea! help!

Comments

• Options
    Why should you get her anything? She's of no worth to you.
  • Options
    How well do you get on/know her mum?
    A card would probabaly suffice as it is the thougth that counts or perhaps if you know her a bit better than some flowers, as they are nice most people like them and they are not too personal for someone who you are not really close with.
  • Options
    Re: Presents?
    Originally posted by icey
    its her mums birthday next week..but the dilema is..do i get her anything?
    should i get a card? present? nothing?
    ive no idea! help!

why? is she your mum?

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years and i don't buy his parents birthday presents. I help him choose something nice for them, and recently i've started getting my name on the card, but they know me pretty well now, so it's not weird.

after 3 months? no. just say happy birthday, and make her a cup of tea or something. that's enough.

btw - i loved the way you said over three months, like three months is a really long time ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Presents?

• Options
    id say go with the card
  • Options
    get her some flowers or somethings, you can get a really nice bunch from asda for less than a fiver:thumb: