Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pro-labels

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya as i am pro-label i will warn you now, if you dont like labels(i understand why some people dont, each to their own) please dont criticise. Basically I like labels like Juicy Couture + Abercrombie&Fitch, ones that are real good but havent really hit off here yet, i liked von dutch but it be too popular now(i still like the truckers caps but bf dont :() can anyone tell me any other labels i can look for? Many Thanks

Comments

• Options
    juicy and abercrombie not hit off here yet? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    not bigstyle no, dont be crass
  • Options
    I don't like labels.

Come on with the Highstreet GOODS :D
  • Options
    Di it's not being crass. Both are big here and there are far more creative and innovative labels available. obviously tastes are only based on opinion and i think a lot of the abercrombie stuff is nice - got quite a few of the jeans and the mens polos are nice, my sister also just got some tops from there which are very cool for casualwear. juicy had its brief spellin the spotlight a couple of years ago with those tacky tracksuits with juicy on, it is also extremely overpriced. at the moment i love seven and paper denim&cloth jeans, both of which make beautiful models for women as well.

ps if youre interested in abercrombie, check out hollister who they own. a lot of the stuff is very similar but you get the odd piece coming up and for the price you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    Originally posted by james123
    Both are big here and there are far more creative and innovative labels available.

i wouldn't say abercrombie had hit it off here at all. i wear a lot of their jeans, and most people say 'aberwhat and who?'

and who gives two chuffs about being innovative? my abercrombie jeans may be on the plain side, but they are absolutely the best fitting, most flattering trousers i've ever worn.

but for the record, if you want to buy abercrombie stuff, get it from the US sellers on ebay. The prices are pretty much doubled for the European market. I get my jeans for about £8 - £20 a pair, including international shipping. in the UK, RRP is more like £35.
  • Options
    kaffrin i agree with you the jeans are very nice and good quality. i could well be wrong about the rest of the country but in my neck of the woods (north/central london) i see a lot of people wearing abercrombie.
  • Options
    abercrombie jeans dont suit my shape at all.
    Theyre made for people with no hips.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    abercrombie jeans dont suit my shape at all.
    Theyre made for people with no hips.

i wouldn't say that. my hips are 10 inches bigger around than my waist and they fit amazingly. i do think they fit better on people with short bodies though - like me. that very low rise look on taller people can be a bit obscene. and the sizes are even screwier than miss selfridge.
  • Options
    Highstreet all the way!!!! :yes: