Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why should I be a citizen?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by fozza
    Dolly please do not twist what people say, it'setty and not nice. Grow up.

I think you should go to chool and learn about life some more or maybe get out and stop being a recluse.

Yes, well, quite. Not much to be said to that is there.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by fozza
    Dolly please do not twist what people say, it'setty and not nice. Grow up.

I think you should go to chool and learn about life some more or maybe get out and stop being a recluse.
    troll.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    When in Rome do as the Romans do..........my opinion for what its worth.

If I move abroad then I should do as they do. If I am not prepared to change then I should stay where I am.

I agree...

And besides, somebody can learn English and still speak Urdu... or whatever their language is. Nothing wrong with still practicing your own religion, speaking your own language at home, or with other friends... But still understanding the culture of the place where you live.

For example... a family who refuse to integrate and learn English have their house broken in to... Or find themselves in some sort of danger... They can't speak English then it could be harder finding help for them. At the same time there are societal values that differ from other cultures...

For example homosexuality is legit and women are equal to men... whereas in some cultures women would be the second sex.

At the same time, it'd be nice to learn more about other cultures in school... seeing as we're getting more and more people coming over here (perhaps 'cultural studies' classes, or something similar). Also we have to remember that the 'problem' (if indeed there is one) is only temporary.

I mean their kids will be educated alongside ours and will have to do integrate to learn our values, whilst still keeping theirs at home.
  • Options
    Culture is not a static thing. British culture now has taken on other influences, especially from the Carribean and India and Pakistan. A good thing IMO.
  • Options
    Something I agree with, however people refusing to speak English so they can remain true to their own will just cause problems in the future for their own children.