Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How Do You Feel About B iometrics?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In short Biometrics means using physical features such as your fingerprint to identify yourself.

So for example instead of carrying a key for th e house, office and car you could simply touch your finger on a reader and open the doors to each.

or use it to pay for items in a shop instead of signing for it .. thus there is no card to be stolen.

Do you think it's a good idea or are you worried about privacy issues?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good idea, though I don't like the idea of it being the only means when coming to payments and house locks. In conjunction with a credit/debit card, or as part of an entry system, then it's a good idea as it makes it easier.
    Pretty easy to forge(sp), I mean you leave finger prints everywhere dontch?
    I have no objection to a PURE ID card. Something that is only that. To confirm your ID.

I have deep misgivings about it being used for anything else.
    Good enough idea, but not totally secure.
    the only thing you can't forge is DNA, you can forge retinas, and finger prints, or use a dead persons. but you can do that too with DNA..........anfd i agree with bong, it could only ever be used as a pure ID.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If it was something that you can use whenever you want (as opposed to always) I'd be fine with it. But as you leave fingerprints everywhere and a properly placed camera could easily catch your eyes, I think it would be an attack to privacy. So, no.