Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

This is how caring and compassionate hunting people are

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd say it's more about Blair trying to distract people from the Iraq debacle.
    But it is a class issue, there's no way it can't be.
  • Options
    Can I just say two things, I and many others I've discussed this with couldn't care less about the class issue when deciding on our viewpoint against fox-hunting. I think its being overstated most antis just think its cruel no matter who does it. End of.

Also, even if Blair saw this as diversion, it has been on the Labour maifesto, so it was inevitable that the vote would be taken eventually. I trust that with an election coming up and such an emotive issue, most of the MPs that voted for the ban will be more than aware of the feelings of their constituents and voted accordingly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I'd say it's more about Blair trying to distract people from the Iraq debacle.
    But it is a class issue, there's no way it can't be.

it wasnt blair who put it through, it was labour MPs who have wanted it put through like 5 time, whom the Lords block, and people were saying blair werent emotive enough to put it to parliament
  • Options
    The timing is suspicious.
  • Options
    The timing is suspicious.

Definitely.

Seeing as most Private Members Bills die without a trace.

I do feel that the only MP who voted on conscience alone was Ann Widdecombe, however.
  • Options
    They have as much right to protest as the twats that invade London every year claiming to be anarchists.

This whole thing is a reversal. If they were all left wing protestors moaning about the war, or the police it would be quite acceptable for them to dump stuff on the streets, and I doubt many of you would raise an eyelid.

And before anyone says, no I don't give a shit about fox hunting. I can't believe that with all the other stuff that needs looking at in this country, fox hunting topped the lot.
  • Options
    Examples?

We all know animal rights protestors are twats.
    They wage war on people only tangibly connected to someone who works or is involved in research.
    There's one firm in Nottingham that's gone bankrupt because protestors kept wrecking the equipment they supplied, and this was just a cement firm.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    We all know animal rights protestors are twats.

Some animal rights protestors are twats.
  • Options
    The extreme ones who resort to violence and trying to disrupt legitimate medical research are.
    Apologies for that mass generalisation.
  • Options
    Some animal rights protestors are twats.

Personally I think they all are, the ones Iv met have been hard harted and cold, a bit like an extream communist or religious person, they dont care about whats happening, only about how this fits in with their warped ideology,
  • Options
    And some CA and pro-hunt supporters (including, it would seem, a great many people who went down to Brighton) are a not only scumbags but bigoted racist ones as well:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,1315845,00.html
  • Options
    Originally posted by Iknowyourmum
    Personally I think they all are, the ones Iv met have been hard harted and cold, a bit like an extream communist or religious person, they dont care about whats happening, only about how this fits in with their warped ideology,

Having been involved in animal rights some years ago, I can tell you that a few people are like that, but the majority aren't.
  • Options
    Hrm... banning hunting will probably prevent more deaths in the long run than if the beagles and horses are put to sleep.

Read an article/letter type thing a while back about the way their dogs are raised. If a pup doesn't show a certain personality trait... that is, aggression then it's shot and fed to other dogs. Plus what if a horse breaks its leg on the hunt?

BANG

Bye bye Mr Ed.

Plus you have the whole breeding debate as well... There are always going to be deformities from inbreeding cats or dogs to get a pedigree... I know that because they were selling cheap spaniels from pedigree litters that had facial deformities... Plus certain breeds end up with certain genetic problems as it is (like pugs can have sinus problems and whatnot).

Not to say I'm against breeding as a whole, I absolutely adore collies. But ya get me point?
  • Options
    There might be more animals put down, but since when did they give a fuck about that anyway?