Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

AS levels!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Im currently doing Spanish, Theatre Studies, psychology and law AS levels. I was recommended to do 4 because i got a highish gcse score (7.1). I really really hate law i have no interest in the subject and dont think i will do well, im only doing it because i was told to do 4 subjects and it was the best thing in that column.

Ideally i would swap law for another subject but the only ones available are even worse- ie i would have no interest and do badly then aswell! Therefore i want to just drop it and concentrate on doing 3 AS levels- my dad is unhappy with this he says the extra AS will be very useful for points getting in uni so my question is.....does having and AS level really make that much difference?

Pleas help as ive been on the UCAS website to try and work it out and its all over my head im totally clueless!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I got into a decent uni on 2 A-Levels and one AS Level.

There's no need to do 4 A-Levels, if it's making you unhappy. You'll be perfectly fine with 3...

Ilora x
  • Options
    I don't know how the GCSE scoring works :confused: (and I've just done my GCSE's) but it basically depends on what you want to do with your a levels - what courses you may want to do at uni; what job you want etc. but I think there is no harm in doing four for the time being and then if it becomes hard or you hate a subject, you can drop one. You can always drop one half way through the course but it's much harder to pick one up!

Of course, I'm generalising there and everyone's situation is different: but that's what I would do :)
  • Options
    ive dropped it now! thanx for the replys and that but thread now dead! lol id delete it but dont know how sorry!